• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Interested in tournament?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I would play
58.33%
7 58.33%
I am interested in a tournament, but not this particular one
33.33%
4 33.33%
No thanks
8.33%
1 8.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Tournament interest
02-24-2012, 01:56 PM,
RE: Tournament interest
(02-24-2012, 11:25 AM)Graeme Wrote: Hi Everyone

Do Tourn. matches counts as ladder matches also?

Ray

It depends on the tournament, but all of mine have yes. The scoring may be different though then the SP Score system. For instance, in the majority of my tournaments players are ranking their results against players on their own side, so highest score (even if it was a loss) gets an OW win, while lowest (even if it was a win) gets a draw. With this system you don't have to worry about scenario balance, since you are ranked against players on the same side so all is equal.

Not sure what system I will use of OP-B, but it will be ladder ranked one way or another.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2012, 11:20 AM,
I'm also thinking of firing up a small campaign for tournament play.

Something not to complicated, say a Bn.of infantry and a platoon of light tanks and a battery of morters no larger than 82mm for both sides to start.

To be set in Morroco, U.S vs Vichy forces 11/42 was it? would be perfect IMO.

But having never done this before, i would need some help in the mechanics of setting an tournament of courseHelmet Smile
02-26-2012, 04:20 AM,
(02-25-2012, 11:20 AM)Gila Wrote: I'm also thinking of firing up a small campaign for tournament play.

Something not to complicated, say a Bn.of infantry and a platoon of light tanks and a battery of morters no larger than 82mm for both sides to start.

To be set in Morroco, U.S vs Vichy forces 11/42 was it? would be perfect IMO.

But having never done this before, i would need some help in the mechanics of setting an tournament of courseHelmet Smile

Check out "hints and tips" post 11.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=55425
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
02-26-2012, 06:43 AM,
I would be interested in a tournament too - especially that Barbarossa 1941. Or any other historical setting would do.
02-27-2012, 05:32 AM,
Barbarossa sounds great!
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
03-02-2012, 01:54 PM,
Ok, so this is what I was thinking of doing: The tournament would play out the opening of Operation Barbarossa (OPB for ease) in the first year. There would be no flags but each side would have hidden objectives worth a set number of points depending on how difficult it is. At the end of the scenario you would score against the SP player the result you obtained, independant of your opponent.

EXAMPLE: The Soviet player has 3 objectives in a delay battle for a bridge:

1. Destroy 10 German tanks = 1 pt
2. Hold the hills around the bridge = 2 pts
3. Hold both sides of the bridge with no German units within 10 hexes = 3 pts.

These points would be cumulative, so if you hold the hills and destroyed 10 German tanks you would score 3 pts (1+2). For victory level I am thinking something like this:

0 pts = D loss
1 pts = draw
2 pts = minor
3 pts = medium
4 pts = medium
5 pts = decisive
6 pts = OW

Now I may go with 2 objectives, not sure. Your force objectives would be known only to you, your opponent would be playing for his own objectives also.

Force selection would be up to you with guidelines provided by me. So for the bridge fight I may say: 1000 pts, you must buy 6 tanks of size 3 or less, no T34s for example. What you do with the rest of the points to make up your force would be up to you.

Opinions?
03-02-2012, 04:35 PM,
Hidden objectives is a good idea, something I've never seen in tournaments.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
03-02-2012, 04:43 PM,
sounds like fun! Helmet Wink
03-03-2012, 09:24 AM,
That looks like an excellent idea Chris.
I like the simplicity and openness of the design ideas.
I would be up for this for sure.

Cheers mate Thank you 3
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
03-03-2012, 05:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2012, 05:41 PM by Gila.)
Hey Chris,
I like your idea of having VH's hidden somewhat,
HU vs HU, you could also have them many of them at 0 pt's important or not,that way it's more a battle of elimination and count the bodies and actual gains later.

But if it's against the AI it would be better not to have any VH's, as we all know the AI's manic reckless behavior on trying to capture them.

Good concept however(-: