• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Bite the Bullet Tournament Thread
01-25-2012, 07:55 PM,
RE: ATTENTION: Bite the Bullet Tournament
[quote='Ashcloud' pid='354836' dateline='1327326949']
I have sent the message below to all the contestants that I could find in the Blitz member database. Can anyone remember Otlig? Anyone know what happened to him? Can't find him in the database at all...

Please get back to me if you have any information regarding the Bite the Bullet Tournament.
Quote:

LEGXXIIPRPF is Otlig.
Haven't heard from him in months. He had a new kid and I think he was moving at around the same time. Real life caught up with him?

cheers

HSL

Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2012, 08:06 PM,
RE: ATTENTION: Bite the Bullet Tournament
(01-25-2012, 07:55 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: [quote='Ashcloud' pid='354836' dateline='1327326949']
I have sent the message below to all the contestants that I could find in the Blitz member database. Can anyone remember Otlig? Anyone know what happened to him? Can't find him in the database at all...

Please get back to me if you have any information regarding the Bite the Bullet Tournament.
Quote:

LEGXXIIPRPF is Otlig.
Haven't heard from him in months. He had a new kid and I think he was moving at around the same time. Real life caught up with him?

cheers

HSL

Thanks for the update.
Send this user an email
01-26-2012, 05:37 PM,
RULES Bite the Bullet Tournament
I have just gone through the rules again for the Tournament:
http://www.lfmedia.com/dave/bite-the-bullet/rules.htm

and this rule in particular caught my attention:
If your opponent withdraws or quits, you will receive a win for that match. There will be no substitute players.

So, with that in mind I am giving a cut-off date for getting back into the tournament - 1 February 2012.

If I have not heard from any specific player by the 1st February 2012 then I will consider that player unavailable to continue and the bracket will be adjusted accordingly.

Unfortunately it also means that I will not be including any new players in the Tournament (sorry Ivan and Larry – however I have new Tournament starting shortly and will be revealing details soon – you are more than welcome to play in that one).

Here are the Bite the Bullet Tournament Rules:
THE RULES
• Each player will play a mirror match versus their opponent listed on the bracket (same game playing both Allies and Axis).
• All scenarios will be 16 turns or less.
• There will be no ties. If a mirror match ends up tie/tie, minor/minor or major/major, then I will need to be provided with a final point scored on both sides. The total number of points will break the tie, so an extra transport destroyed or saved may make the difference.
• Everyone starts in the winners bracket as you can see. If you lose a match, you are moved to the losers bracket where you can still fight your way back and win the tournament.
• If you lose a match in the losers bracket, you are out of the tournament, but you will receive the tournament badge for playing in the tournament.
• If your opponent withdraws or quits, you will receive a win for that match. There will be no substitute players.
Specific tournament game rules:
• You may exit unloaded transports from the map.
• All options will be on except for extreme assault and the variable visability.
• Any unit with an assault factor can be used in an assault.
• No blocking of roads or exit hexes with unloaded transports.
• No use of units without firepowder as spotters.
If I have failed to address any aspect of the rules that you need to be qualified, please contact me and I will inform all participants in regard to a decision.
Send this user an email
01-26-2012, 06:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-27-2012, 03:31 AM by Ashcloud.)
The Bite the Bullet Tournament Medal Poll
The POLL has been cancelled to avoid a discussion on the merits of the swastika as an acceptable graphic to be used on medals.

The medal has gone back to the drawing board...
Send this user an email
01-28-2012, 04:23 PM,
TIME The Bite the Bullet Tournament Thread
Cut-off date for getting back into the tournament - 1 February 2012.

Still waiting to hear from:
Montana Grizz
Sturmvogel
LEGXXIIPRPF
Chuck10Mtn
Pointman
Send this user an email
02-01-2012, 01:05 AM,
RE: The Bite the Bullet Tournament Thread
Gday fellahs, haven't played Campaign Series for a while now as I've been heavily into World of Tanks so I don't know how I'll go. Might have to train up a bit and build up my East Front biseps. Had a look at the bracket and I can't believe I defeated you Scud, you're a pretty good player. Anyway it will be good to be back and having some battles with you all again.
02-01-2012, 06:22 PM,
(02-01-2012, 01:05 AM)Lizardking Wrote: Gday fellahs, haven't played Campaign Series for a while now as I've been heavily into World of Tanks so I don't know how I'll go. Might have to train up a bit and build up my East Front biseps. Had a look at the bracket and I can't believe I defeated you Scud, you're a pretty good player. Anyway it will be good to be back and having some battles with you all again.

Welcome back Lizardking - I hope to send you a gamer and an opponent shortly.
Send this user an email
02-02-2012, 10:50 PM,
Welcome back to the re-animated version of the Bite the Bullet Tournament.

Games have been assigned, players have been eliminated.

You can find the UPDATED bracket below:

.pdf   Bite the Bullet Bracket Update.pdf (Size: 4.21 KB / Downloads: 12)
Send this user an email
02-13-2012, 05:46 PM,
UPDATE REQUEST: The Bite the Bullet Tournament Thread
Can I please get status updates?
Send this user an email
02-14-2012, 06:37 AM,
My game is almost over. I thnk 2 or 3 more turns both mirrors. Should be done no later than end of week.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email