• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Avalon Hill's Third Reich for TOAW?
01-15-2013, 07:35 PM,
RE: Avalon Hill's Third Reich for TOAW?
I like the GJKgraphic mod !!! Look as a classic board game :)

Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2013, 08:26 PM,
It plays like one too, with e.g. the '4-4' Armoured units and all Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-18-2013, 04:22 AM,
(01-15-2013, 04:30 PM)Battle Kat Wrote:
(01-15-2013, 01:06 PM)Weasel Wrote: I use to own TR, it was a fun game. I didn't know they had it for TOAW, may have to reinstall and get active again. What would the size modifier be for it, 500?

Ok, is this a free game?, trying to find a link. **I may have found it, is it titled A3r.zip and is a gbx file?**

No, he is creating a TR inspired scenario as we speak. It is a TOAW scenario that tries to have the scale and rules of the board game, not a huge scenario at all.

Download link is there in the thread, have another look and chip in! I still have the complete box with the TR rule set and all, unfortunately I am very much a novice with TOAW so more playtesters the better Helmet Smile

Don't mean to be a dope but I am damned if I can find it, sorry. I see where it says "here is version 1.2" but there is no active link that I could click on.

I agree with the other person, map text needs to be black on white, I am partially colour blind and find the city names hard to read with white on white.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-18-2013, 05:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-18-2013, 05:24 AM by Crossroads.)
Sorry about that, I was browsing with my iPad when I replied. Bit of a pain to copy-paste stuff. This should be the link: http://www.dizium.net/TOAW

Look for link for 3R, it should download you the zip with the whole thing.

Yeah, agree about the fonts, but apparently having black font is not that easy...

Edit: here: http://www.dizium.net/xSites/Appraisers/...les/3R.zip
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-18-2013, 07:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-18-2013, 07:55 AM by Weasel.)
Sweet, got it now. Now to reinstall TOAW.

***Ok, stuck the sce file into the scenario folder and I put all the BMPs in my alternate graphics folder, the scenario does not show. Is there a readme anywhere?***
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-18-2013, 08:12 AM,
(01-18-2013, 07:29 AM)Weasel Wrote: Sweet, got it now. Now to reinstall TOAW.

***Ok, stuck the sce file into the scenario folder and I put all the BMPs in my alternate graphics folder, the scenario does not show. Is there a readme anywhere?***

Maybe this is it, it wasn't called Third Reich in the folder:

[img][Image: 8c4c45929e3R.jpg][/img]
01-18-2013, 02:24 PM,
Chris,

I put the .sce file into the Modern - Nato v WP folder (I ignored the graphics and got an error message of playing with wrong .eqpt file) but in the Scenario list it appears as :

3R-Axis

Hope this helps
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
01-18-2013, 03:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-18-2013, 04:04 PM by Crossroads.)
Yes, it is called '3R-Axis'. Easy to miss as its propably first in the scenario listing, and with such a short name.

I put the sce file into WW II - Misc but I guess it does not matter where you put it as long as you know which folder to open to look for it.

I play my all TOAW scenarios with GJK graphics so I already had them Helmet Smile

There might be a new version 1.3 coming out this weekend.

There's a pretty good article on wiki about the original board game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_and_De...hird_Reich
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-19-2013, 02:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2013, 02:56 AM by Weasel.)
I don't think that was it then, I think the one I picked was called Europe in Flames.

**Ok, found it**
01-21-2013, 06:50 AM,
I have decided to attack France first and ignore Poland in 1939, so far things are ok. I am not sure if Poland will attack me but I think not, and they will be free to deal with Russia if they decide to move against my back.