• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Troubled ferrying infantry ...
01-23-2012, 04:23 AM,
RE: Troubled ferrying infantry ...
Thank You very much again and as usual: glory to the community. Wargaming community, of course.

And here's something to the Wehrmacht 19th Panzer Division and assorted nazi scum; here we come, guards lead the way (NKVD commissars walk tail ... Whip )
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2012, 05:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2012, 05:42 AM by jonnymacbrown.)
(01-22-2012, 12:42 PM)Ricky B Wrote: For a full hex river, assuming that is the crossing in question, the engineer must first spend a specific amount of time, set in the pdt. Let's say 10 turns, I think it might be that for Korsun. Then after the 10 turns, a check is made each turn based on the normal percentage odds, again set in the PDT, as with bridging a hexside river. Quality and size adjust this percentage chance, I believe. All in the manual for full details, jonny.

Rick

The reason I'm asking is because in rubble clearing an E unit may work for days to no avail. The time spent doesn't seem to have anything to do with any result; the dice roll is the same all the time apparently. Size is supposed to matter in bridge building but I find that when I break the E unit down to companies the bridge seems to be built so much faster. Is that an illusion? jonny:whis:Mex Big Grin
01-23-2012, 06:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2012, 06:30 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
(01-23-2012, 04:23 AM)burroughs paid='354771 Wrote:Thank You very much again and as usual: glory to the community. War gaming community, of course.
Last point to note (that may be stating the obvious) is that a disrupted engineer cannot perform any function until it is back in good order.

(01-23-2012, 05:41 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: The reason I'm asking is because in rubble clearing an E unit may work for days to no avail. The time spent doesn't seem to have anything to do with any result; the dice roll is the same all the time apparently.
Correct, a "dice" is rolled each turn and so you have as much chance of clearing the rubble on turn 1 as you do on turn 10 or more.
(01-23-2012, 05:41 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: Size is supposed to matter in bridge building but I find that when I break the E unit down to companies the bridge seems to be built so much faster. Is that an illusion? jonny:whis:Mex Big Grin
Well because everything is random you cannot know if you have just been lucky with building a bridge or not, it would take a test of maybe fifty bridging attempts by a company vs. a battalion to remove luck/chance and prove this for sure.
01-23-2012, 07:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-23-2012, 07:17 AM by JDR Dragoon.)
(01-23-2012, 05:41 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: Size is supposed to matter in bridge building but I find that when I break the E unit down to companies the bridge seems to be built so much faster. Is that an illusion? jonny:whis:Mex Big Grin

When you have multiple units trying to build, you get multiple dice rolls for completion (each at a lower overall chance, it is true) instead of just one. And as all tabletop and board gamers know: He who rolls the most dice wins (even when the dice are virtual) :band of brothers:
Send this user an email