• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Use of the site
01-06-2012, 03:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2012, 03:47 AM by Huib Versloot.)
RE: Use of the site
It is not all that difficult. If you see the word "login" anywhere in the upper half of the screen, press it. If you see "logout" on two places in the upper half of your screen you know that you're logged in everywhere in the Blitz. 2 logins is not much compared to the 15+ logins or so I have to go through each day at work.
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2012, 04:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2012, 04:02 AM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
(01-05-2012, 09:12 PM)Dan Caviness Wrote: As a fellow digitally challenged individual I find it most frustrating when I'm trying to log results on games or work in the H2H area, etc., and painstakingly enter all the data/results/bs required...only to find it doesn't take...
I'm "out" and worst of all...out the time to do it over again after trying to log in "correctly".

As a feeble and old non-computer geek, I have issues with this too. Helmet Rolleyes
What I do is put everything that I want to upload into a word document. This serves two purposes. One, all the info that is needed is researched beforehand and can be copy-pasted to the upload area. Secondly, if there is a crash or it "won't take" I do not have to go back and get everything. I just need to start over and make sure I am logged in. Helmet Wink
When I get to the nursing home I know someone is going to paste sticky notes all over me so that I will not be a complete drooling fool. At least if I can still read, that is! Crazy

(01-05-2012, 09:12 PM)Dan Caviness Wrote: As for invisible members?
Is there some point to that?
Is this a club?
Are you ashamed to be known as a member of this club?
Do you feel a need to hide from your enemies?

It is an option that some choose. I prefer to be seen and I am not ashamed by what others see. And, I don't have enemies ... Angry3

Cheers6

HSL
01-06-2012, 09:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2012, 09:05 AM by Von Earlmann.)
[/quote]

It is an option that some choose. I prefer to be seen and I am not ashamed by what others see. And, I don't have enemies ... Angry3

Cheers6

HSL
[/quote]

Well Ed..........who do you fight then :-)

VE
(01-06-2012, 03:33 AM)Scud Wrote: I'd bring it up again, but I already know the answer, so no point really. However, if any of you program in PHP/mysql and know linux and web app programming and would like to get involved I'm sure Raz love to have some help.

Anyone?

Dave

Well played!!!!!!!!!! :-)

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
01-06-2012, 09:36 AM,
I think Scud has put this one to bed.... forever.
Mind you, Dave, I might start a corro course in that computer stuff you mentioned.
ROTFLMAO
01-06-2012, 09:57 AM,
There is a PHP for Dummies book, although a better title would be "PHP for Computer Genius Dummies". I got up to chapter 4 (we were out of toilet paper). Next time I plan on reading it.

Helmet Smile

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-06-2012, 11:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2012, 11:19 AM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
(01-06-2012, 09:57 AM)Scud Wrote: There is a PHP for Dummies book, although a better title would be "PHP for Computer Genius Dummies". I got up to chapter 4 (we were out of toilet paper). Next time I plan on reading it.

Helmet Smile

Dave

Such a geek, I am. I thought PHP was the toilet paper! Ouch! :funny:

Cheers6

HSL
(01-06-2012, 09:04 AM)Von Earlmann Wrote: Well Ed..........who do you fight then :-)

VE

Sometimes myself. Sharpen Axe

Sometimes others who feel froggy enough! Angry MobWhip

Cheers3

HSL