• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Use of the site
12-30-2011, 08:01 PM,
Use of the site
I am on record as stating, ad nauseum, my disgust with this new MB a while back. Currently every time I try just about anything, I get a bloody sign saying VERBOTEN. No permission to access (whatever). I just tried to send an email, and it spat me out, viciously waiting until I had finished writing same, of course.
Is it the MB program exacting revenge for my hatred and contempt of it? Or something else?
And before you ask...yes, I am logged in.
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2011, 08:56 PM,
RE: Use of the site
It's the cans. He hates the cans!

Steve Martin in The Jerk

You did say you were logged in. But, it sounds like you are not.
In the upper right side of this page do you see the buttons "my profie" - "control panel" - "private messages" - "logout"

And, directly above in the Welcome Back box next to User CP do you see "- logout".
Short of logging out and then logging back in I am at a loss for what might fix this.

cheers

HSL

12-30-2011, 09:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2011, 09:35 PM by Von Earlmann.)
(12-30-2011, 08:56 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: It's the cans. He hates the cans!

Steve Martin in The Jerk

You did say you were logged in. But, it sounds like you are not.
In the upper right side of this page do you see the buttons "my profie" - "control panel" - "private messages" - "logout"

And, directly above in the Welcome Back box next to User CP do you see "- logout".
Short of logging out and then logging back in I am at a loss for what might fix this.

cheers

HSL

Don't you have to be logged in to even post on the MB?

VE
(12-30-2011, 08:01 PM)K K Rossokolski Wrote: I am on record as stating, ad nauseum, my disgust with this new MB a while back. Currently every time I try just about anything, I get a bloody sign saying VERBOTEN. No permission to access (whatever). I just tried to send an email, and it spat me out, viciously waiting until I had finished writing same, of course.
Is it the MB program exacting revenge for my hatred and contempt of it? Or something else?
And before you ask...yes, I am logged in.

Have you tried sending private messages?
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
12-30-2011, 09:43 PM,
I think there are two logins, no? Many times guys have just posted, but there are only guests and invisible users up top in the users browsing this forum area?! Doesn't it time out if you leave the page? I have my webpages I use all the time up 24/7 mostly, since I leave my machine on all the time, prolly looks up top like I live here!! I do have times when I have to refresh the page, it will kinda freeze.

Mike
12-30-2011, 11:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2011, 11:33 PM by Kool Kat.)
Gents: :smoke:

The dreaded "invalid data parameters" when submitting a H2H report... is also the result on being logged in "once" - but not "twice" as it was explained to me? :mad:

Also, I would like to understand how the forum views and handles "invisible users" and "guests?" What exactly are these designations? :chin:

IMO, there is a need to change the forum software code so that users are either logged in "once"... or not? :chin:

Forum users should not be able to post, write H2H reports, etc.... unless logged in.... and that login operation should only need to be done once. :hissy:

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
12-31-2011, 12:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-31-2011, 01:08 AM by Compass Rose.)
(12-30-2011, 11:26 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Gents: :smoke:
Also, I would like to understand how the forum views and handles "invisible users" and "guests?" What exactly are these designations? :chin:

When on the Blitz website, there are basically three categories that people can fall into: Visible Members, Invisible Members, and Guests.

Invisible Members are Club members who elect to make themselves "Invisible" and will not be shown "online", even though they are. Invisible members are only invisible to other regular members. A Club Moderator can always see who is online, whether or not a member has elected to be "Invisible".

To be able to make yourself invisible, follow these steps.

First, you need to select "User CP"
[Image: b46a80b996Blitz1.jpg]

Secondly, you need to select "Edit Options"
[Image: 22acf4c758Blitz2.jpg]

Third, you need to select "Hide me from the Who's Online list"
[Image: c11363cbb9Blitz3.jpg]

Fourth, you need to make sure and select "Update Options" towards the bottom of the page.

As a side note, I have noticed that from time to time, if I happen to edit one of my CP settings, I will automatically get put in "Invisible" status even though I did not manually select it. I am sure that this has happened to other Club members as well, without them being aware of it. I'm am not sure if it is a bug that causes this to occur or something else.

So now, when you look at the bottom of the forum page in the "Who's Online" section, and you see your screen name with a (*) asterisk behind it, you now know that you are a "Invisible Member". :)

12-31-2011, 05:02 AM,
(12-31-2011, 12:51 AM)Checkmate King 2 Wrote:
(12-30-2011, 11:26 PM)Kool Kat Wrote: Gents: :smoke:

When on the Blitz website, there are basically three categories that people can fall into: Visible Members, Invisible Members, and Guests.

Invisible Members are Club members who elect to make themselves "Invisible" and will not be shown "online", even though they are. Invisible members are only invisible to other regular members. A Club Moderator can always see who is online, whether or not a member has elected to be "Invisible".

To be able to make yourself invisible, follow these steps.

First, you need to select "User CP"
[Image: b46a80b996Blitz1.jpg]

Secondly, you need to select "Edit Options"
[Image: 22acf4c758Blitz2.jpg]

Third, you need to select "Hide me from the Who's Online list"
[Image: c11363cbb9Blitz3.jpg]

Fourth, you need to make sure and select "Update Options" towards the bottom of the page.

As a side note, I have noticed that from time to time, if I happen to edit one of my CP settings, I will automatically get put in "Invisible" status even though I did not manually select it. I am sure that this has happened to other Club members as well, without them being aware of it. I'm am not sure if it is a bug that causes this to occur or something else.

So now, when you look at the bottom of the forum page in the "Who's Online" section, and you see your screen name with a (*) asterisk behind it, you now know that you are a "Invisible Member". :)

Tell me you're pulling my leg....please.
12-31-2011, 05:15 AM,
Rod,

It's the cans. They hate the cans! :smoke:Whip

cheers

HSL
12-31-2011, 08:39 AM,
(12-31-2011, 05:15 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Rod,

It's the cans. They hate the cans! :smoke:Whip

cheers

HSL

I do beleive you are right Ed :-)
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
12-31-2011, 10:03 AM,
Re cans...I will have one or two of beer, if pressed, but I prefer a cold bottle and a nice tall glass....or one of these cheers

I think I'll just stick to using the MB as it is for me, even though IMO it's a bloody joke. When process becomes more important than outcome, we're on the slippery slope to nowhere, I'm afraid.