• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

K'talan WF Mod final release
12-29-2011, 10:10 AM,
RE: K'talan WF Mod final release
Awesome AAR, Jimbo"T!!! You sure you don't write sci-fi, that's a very good job! I assume you are doing the Hell in the Desert DCG? You were able to load the campaign and camo files okay then? That arty truly is a threat, and with replacements at a premium, as you say, movement is critical!! I got my nose bloodied in the other campaign, later in the war, when running up against later war kit, Panther and Tiger can teach a lesson if they get the drop on you!! Really glad to see you having fun with this, makes it all worthwhile!!!

Mike
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2011, 10:34 AM,
Excellent!
I agree.

Definitely reflects what happens in the books. What a series? :thumbs_up:
Mike you must have hit the nail on the head? Makes me want to download it and try it out.

cheers

HSL
12-29-2011, 12:08 PM,
(12-29-2011, 10:34 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Excellent!
I agree.

Definitely reflects what happens in the books. What a series? :thumbs_up:
Mike you must have hit the nail on the head? Makes me want to download it and try it out.

cheers

HSL

Cool, you read the series, I guess!? Loved it, would like to read it again, get some ideas for scenarios. The mod plays well, and while you can pretty much beat up on the humans, I purposely made their equipment very expensive, using a formula I came up with, to reflect the difficulty in replenishing lost units. The MBT's are equivalent to T-90 series, but can be dealt with, and as Jim pointed out, arty can teach a lesson if you dawdle too long!! I'm working on a huge scenario, where the aliens are heading north to cross a river to link up with the parent formation, when a combined force of German, US, Soviet and French attack from three sides in an all-out envelopement! The humans will have some previously unused kit... I'm digging this!! I know I'm biased, but I encourage you to try it out!Big Grin

Mike
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
12-29-2011, 08:20 PM,
I may have to download this so I can do "Patton Drives Hard to Take Chicago".
I guess a landcruiser would be equivalent a T-90. I think it was mentioned that the Panther gave them fits because it was almost as good as a landcruiser.

cheers

HSL
12-29-2011, 09:55 PM,
I had plans to do, and did have an EF, and a beta RS version, but decided to do a major overhaul, hence the single version for now. Easy to get carried away while modding though!!

First time that Panther platoon shot up over the rise and got a good flank shot it, sure surprised me! Lost a valuable landcruiser, of course they then paid for their impudence, little monkeys...!!

Mike
12-30-2011, 04:08 AM,
Just finished the test scenario as Germans... Man, those aliens sure have a chip in their shoulder! Did have a couple of hits with my PaK 40s before they got vaporised :)
Visit us at CSLegion.com
12-30-2011, 04:21 AM,
This looks really nice, will give it a spin in the near future. Just curious, are there any alien infantry , or are the lizzards pure tankers? :) Cheers!
12-30-2011, 05:10 AM,
Yep, armored infantry is the preferred mode for the K'talan!! Hope to get the monster scenario done this weekend!

@Battle Kat- should be another one there as well, Slogging Northward? Set in Italy with Germans and Americans defending with a minefiled and dug in!

Mike
12-30-2011, 05:57 AM,
Awsome, armoured lizzards!, reminds me of the Sathar ? from that roleplaying game 30 plus years ago, Star Frontiers I believe.

Ya know I love the IDEAS that H Turtledove has, but never could stand his writing style and especially his view point charactors. Despite this I found that I had to complete a series just so I could get thru the history of it all, whether these books , his alternate WWI series where the US and Germany are allied vs GB and the Confederacy or his Fantasy series with a WW2 premise.
Hmmm.... Alt WW1 mod featuring Federals vs Confederates would work quite nicely in the CS engine methinks.... I believe tanks were called "barrels" in that alt world, lol.
12-30-2011, 11:32 AM,
For those that don't tend to look up in the mods section, I posted a scenario for the K'talan Mod!!

Mike
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/