• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

K'talan WF Mod final release
12-25-2011, 06:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-26-2011, 04:34 AM by Warhorse.)
K'talan WF Mod final release
OK, I posted this in the mods area, but just in case folks don't look there, here is the final version of the K'talan mod, only version is for WF. I've redone the screens, icons, and some other items. There are now Germans, Russians British, Americans, French, and some others to fight against the aliens. There are two scenarios to start, and two DCG's included, this file is 246+mb, so it is large! This is a self-contained game, not just a mod, unzip into your main hardrive, it should create the directory Matrix Games\John Tillers Campaign Series\K'talan WF. DO NOT overwrite an existing install!! This has edited exe's and game files for this mod, so it needs it's own install! There is a doc in the zip called K'taln Mod Background. doc for an intro. Enjoy, and Merry Christmas!

Here is the link; https://rapidshare.com/files/856064911/K..._WF1.0.zip

Problems downloading from Rapidshare? Please email them at [email protected] with additional information like
which operating system you are using, which webbrowser and version also if java is up
to date and if they are using a script blocker.

Mike
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2011, 07:10 AM,
RE: K'talan WF Mod final release
Excellent effort, Mike!

Thank you for your continuing work on the Campaign Series, it is appreciated!

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
12-25-2011, 07:47 AM,
Quite welcome Jason!! I love this series, to heck with the nay-sayers!!

Mike
12-26-2011, 03:49 AM,
(12-25-2011, 06:36 AM)Warhorse Wrote: OK, I posted this in the mods area, but just in case folks don't look there, here is the final version of the K'talan mod, only version is for WF. I've redone the screens, icons, and some other items. There are now Germans, Russians British, Americans, French, and some others to fight against the aliens. There are two scenarios to start, and two DCG's included, this file is 246+mb, so it is large! This is a self-contained game, not just a mod, unzip into your main hardrive, it should create the directory Matrix Games\John Tillers Campaign Series\K'talan WF. DO NOT overwrite an existing install!! This has edited exe's and game files for this mod, so it needs it's own install! There is a doc in the zip called K'taln Mod Background. doc for an intro. Enjoy, and Merry Christmas!

Here is the link; https://rapidshare.com/files/856064911/K..._WF1.0.zip

Problems downloading from Rapidshare? Please email them at [email protected] with additional information like
which operating system you are using, which webbrowser and version also if java is up
to date and if they are using a script blocker.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I am getting an error file not found message. Is it still there? And I for one really appreciate the work you put into this.

Merry Christmas,
Ashley
Send this user an email
12-26-2011, 04:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-26-2011, 04:36 AM by Warhorse.)
Hey Ashley,

Yes, it's still there, not sure why the problem though. Just tried it and it worked?? Maybe keep trying?

Mike
For some reason, the file link here isn't working, the one in my post over at Matrix does, try the post here-http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1986937

Sorry 'bout all this.... Wish I could afford a damn website.

Mike
Actually, just repasted the link into my post up above in first post, it works now??? Could you try it and let me know? Thanks!!

Mike
12-27-2011, 09:36 AM,
I downloaded, unzipped and have it operational... Kicked the tires with a quick play of the scenario without too much thought... Interesting.... Watch out for those German 75mm AT Guns... LOL...

Definitely good work...

Regards,

Jim
12-27-2011, 09:45 AM,
Hey Jim, did you get to use the F2 function, do they appeal, or not? Thanks for trying it, and if you get a chance, please try a DCG or two!! Remember to play the Afrika Korps, to load both the mods in with JSGME, Afrika Korps and k'talan desert camo! Did I have two scennies in with that, or just the one? Working on a monster now, for those who like that thing, will post it this week.

Mike
12-27-2011, 10:59 AM,
Two scenarios... I'll check it out over the next week... both Korea and K'talan...

One thing I noticed on the Korea Chromite scenario was the green water... it is something to get used to... Also, so much naval gunfire to blanket the NK forces... just a rush through on playing the scenario, but it really adds a new flavor to the game... It is easy to tell A LOT of work went into both these Mods...

Regards,

Jim
12-27-2011, 11:14 AM,
Ok, I couldn't remember if I sent both through with the k'talan or not. Should have another for each this week some time.

Thanks again,

Mike
12-29-2011, 06:56 AM,
German intercept of K'talan Commander reports
Intercepted K'talan forces intelligence report near Gazala, North Africa courtesy of German Signals Command.

K'talan forces easily stem the counterattacks of the human resistance if situated properly. Overall, the human forces are no match for our heavy armor even when they have overwhelming numbers. However, there are some concerns any K'talan Commander must take into account when fighting the humans.

While our forces are in the defense, the humans come in waves. As long as we are conducting aggressive recon, to identify their attack columns, we can create long range crossfires to devastate the military forces as they advance. Dismounted humans are more of a nuisance than a threat. They can only harass our support elements. After several engagements, they have demonstrated absolutely no capability to damage our heavy armor without heavy weapons support. As to the human armor attack capability, we have had only a few reports of their firepower potential. This is more in part to our priority of fires which devastate any human armor column as it approaches our lines. Our range superiority is such that, they rarely get close enough to even open fire. On the few occasions our recon units received fire from the human armor, they emerged with no damage. Clearly, the most dangerous capability the humans have is their artillery. It has disabled several of our armored vehicles. It is recommended that our units should always remain on the move to minimize the human ability to engage us with fires.

While our forces are on the offensive, we need to use our superior artillery to suppress their defenses. Our armored forces always overwhelm the Earthlings at the point of attack. One area of concern is the human ability to camouflage their anti-armor weapons. These small field pieces have successfully damaged our heavy armor when attacking from a short range. Even scouting the terrain in advance, does not always uncover their hidden batteries. As in the defense, our forces should remain on the move as the humans furiously target any stationary units with some success.

Your glorious servant, Jimbo'T, Commander, 1st Armor Battalion