• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Christmas present to myself, maybe
02-12-2012, 02:06 AM,
RE: Christmas present to myself, maybe
(02-12-2012, 02:02 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: Don't dismiss DBP. It was the same time frame as Korea.

Oh yes, I forgot that DBP was in Daisy's list. DBP is also a popular title however, I have only played it two times and so I can not fairly compare it to the others, which I have played alot more.
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2012, 02:15 AM,
Yes, it will be my first!

I have decided on the Pacific War - mainly because the Africa at War mod is available - the SADF v FAPLA/SWAPO/CUBAN clashes clinched it for me.

Damn... I checked again, PW does not seem to be available as a download only option. So $50 for the game and another $20 for postage = more than R550.00 (South African Rands). That is a lot of money for me.

It seems that I will then have to consider one of the other titles - by the way is anybody here playing the Falklands game?
02-12-2012, 02:44 AM,
Daisy,
Check your in-box. I just sent you a email.

Mail
02-12-2012, 02:54 AM,
(02-12-2012, 02:15 AM)daisy Wrote: Yes, it will be my first!

I have decided on the Pacific War - mainly because the Africa at War mod is available - the SADF v FAPLA/SWAPO/CUBAN clashes clinched it for me.

Damn... I checked again, PW does not seem to be available as a download only option. So $50 for the game and another $20 for postage = more than R550.00 (South African Rands). That is a lot of money for me.

It seems that I will then have to consider one of the other titles - by the way is anybody here playing the Falklands game?

...been playing Falklands since it came out...
02-12-2012, 03:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2012, 03:30 AM by daisy.)
Ok, so the plastic money paid for SB:PW and John Tillers Campaign Series.

@ Kolc : you must be enjoying it !

The Falklands will then probably be my next purchase - its the 30 year anniversary afer all. I can still remember the news reports of the conflict on TV - and it grabbed an 8 year old boys attention.
02-12-2012, 03:32 AM,
(02-12-2012, 03:28 AM)daisy Wrote: Ok, so the plastic money paid for SB:PW.

:congrads:

02-12-2012, 04:03 AM,
Thank you !
02-12-2012, 11:08 AM,
Falklands is a very good game, in the middle of a tight battle right now. If you get PW within a week or so, let me know and you can play in my Africa at War tourney. Some very good SADF battles in that mod, the Ratel is awesome vehicle.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

02-12-2012, 02:38 PM,
(02-12-2012, 03:28 AM)daisy Wrote: Ok, so the plastic money paid for SB:PW

Good pick up besides having access to my old jarhead pal Cranky Frankey awesome Africa mod. PW is a good title with some excellent scns, I especially enjoy some of challenging amphib landing ones
244 games with legend that is Richie61
02-12-2012, 05:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2012, 05:08 PM by daisy.)
(02-12-2012, 11:08 AM)Mad_Dog Wrote: Falklands is a very good game, in the middle of a tight battle right now. If you get PW within a week or so, let me know and you can play in my Africa at War tourney. Some very good SADF battles in that mod, the Ratel is awesome vehicle.

I read about your tournament and started reading up on the title and mod. Being able to play as the SADF swung it for me.

Theres even a scenario for an Operation that one of my brothers participated in - operation Caribou (Its actuall name is Operation Reindeer - the attacks on Cassinga and more specifically 61 Mechanised Infantry Brigade out of Bloemfontein attacking Chetequera). Very much looking forward to playing this one.