• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Why so few posts?
12-15-2011, 12:26 AM,
RE: Why so few posts?
I have not been posting or playing as often as I have in the past. Just no time really. Trying to keep things afloat financially and get the new practice off the ground. Essentially, at this point, my play is limited to the tournament (though my opponent and I finished up some time ago in the latest round) and Earl's Bulge campaign.

Will, possibly, try to get some of the old games resurrected in coming weeks but have a feeling things are going to get worse before they get better so that may not come off as I'd like.

Here's a truck for you... http://www.thetravellersite.com/coppermi...fullsize=1

And another from the collection (Caution: graphic image) http://www.thetravellersite.com/coppermi...fullsize=1

Later,

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2011, 03:11 PM,
(12-15-2011, 12:26 AM)Larry Reese Wrote: I have not been posting or playing as often as I have in the past. Just no time really. Trying to keep things afloat financially and get the new practice off the ground. Essentially, at this point, my play is limited to the tournament (though my opponent and I finished up some time ago in the latest round) and Earl's Bulge campaign.

Will, possibly, try to get some of the old games resurrected in coming weeks but have a feeling things are going to get worse before they get better so that may not come off as I'd like.

Here's a truck for you... http://www.thetravellersite.com/coppermi...fullsize=1

And another from the collection (Caution: graphic image) http://www.thetravellersite.com/coppermi...fullsize=1

Later,

LR

Hi Larry,

I never got notification of the tournament game completion, please let me know the result - and if you are ready for the next assignment. I would have assigned you ages ago had I known.

Regards,
Ashley
Send this user an email
12-15-2011, 03:59 PM,
(12-15-2011, 03:11 PM)Ashcloud Wrote: Hi Larry,

I never got notification of the tournament game completion, please let me know the result - and if you are ready for the next assignment. I would have assigned you ages ago had I known.

Regards,
Ashley

On the way.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
12-15-2011, 10:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-15-2011, 10:58 PM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
(12-14-2011, 10:18 PM)Dan Caviness Wrote: Definitely when time is short the moves take precedence.

Agreed moves come first.

Quote:Like Erik, I don't post like I did.
Nice to see you posting, Erik.

Good to see you posting Dan.

Quote:The Hawk and I exchanged one of the classic flame wars only to realize later we were enjoying it a lot more than the rest...and I know as a result I pretty much stopped posting for quite some time.

I prefer to think of it as lively debate. I do not believe that you or I called each other names. It was a good one for sure.

Quote:The amazing thing is Erik and I agree on just about everything...we both have issues with some of the new mods....

I was unaware of this and it is good to know.

Quote:and the "minor" dispute we did have was over the new artillery table effectiveness, which we debated to excess until I got banned for a bit

Very minor. I also joined you on the sidelines for that bit. :(

Quote:I'll echo Erik's statement above...many of you may well have appreciated the break...lol...

LOL!

Quote:For the record, I have came around to Erik's viewpoint on the new arty effectiveness tables and I now enjoy them quite a bit.
Just for the record...I was wrong and Erik was right.

I don't think it is a matter of wrong or right, but that is an impressive thing to say.

Quote:Don't quote me on that...lol...

Never :whis:

Quote:I think if everyone can stick to the topic, make their points, and move on, the forums can work.

Agreed, and I will add don't take it personally if someone disagrees with your viewpoint. It is the viewpoint that is someone's issue not the person.

Quote:That said...my point is made...and I'm moving on...
Let's kill something...digitally speaking of course...cheers

Agreed. And Dan we should probably do battle.

Thanx!

Erik
12-16-2011, 11:49 AM,
(12-15-2011, 10:57 PM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:
(12-14-2011, 10:18 PM)Dan Caviness Wrote: Definitely when time is short the moves take precedence.

Agreed moves come first.

Quote:The Hawk and I exchanged one of the classic flame wars only to realize later we were enjoying it a lot more than the rest...and I know as a result I pretty much stopped posting for quite some time.

I prefer to think of it as lively debate. I do not believe that you or I called each other names. It was a good one for sure.

Quote:The amazing thing is Erik and I agree on just about everything...we both have issues with some of the new mods....

Quote:and the "minor" dispute we did have was over the new artillery table effectiveness, which we debated to excess until I got banned for a bit

Quote:I'll echo Erik's statement above...many of you may well have appreciated the break...lol...

LOL!

Quote:For the record, I have came around to Erik's viewpoint on the new arty effectiveness tables and I now enjoy them quite a bit.

I don't think it is a matter of wrong or right, but that is an impressive thing to say.

Quote:I think if everyone can stick to the topic, make their points, and move on, the forums can work.

Agreed, and I will add don't take it personally if someone disagrees with your viewpoint. It is the viewpoint that is someone's issue not the person.

Thanx!

Erik

I think this is one of the funniest posts ever.
12-16-2011, 12:22 PM,
(12-16-2011, 11:49 AM)Big Dawg Wrote:
(12-15-2011, 10:57 PM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:

Agreed moves come first.

LOL!

Thanx!

Erik

Why is that? :chin:

Inquiring minds want to know. :)

You can certainly PM or email if you can't post it. :whis:

Thanx!

Hawk
12-16-2011, 01:16 PM,
(12-16-2011, 12:22 PM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote:
(12-16-2011, 11:49 AM)Big Dawg Wrote:

Why is that? :chin:

Inquiring minds want to know. :)

You can certainly PM or email if you can't post it. :whis:

Thanx!

Hawk
[/quote]

The sharp witty replys/banter is entertaining.
12-16-2011, 09:22 PM,
(12-16-2011, 01:16 PM)Big Dawg Wrote: The sharp witty replys/banter is entertaining.

Thanks! cheers

Hawk