• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Strange problem with Korsun '44
06-28-2012, 03:17 PM,
RE: Strange problem with Korsun '44
Hello
I also have this problem. After installing the latest patch all terribly slow.
When will the patches that will fix the situation? A couple of years to wait for needed?
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2013, 04:02 AM,
I am also interested in the situation around the slow speed.
This is not only in Korsun but there are problems in Stalingrad.
Before the patch speed was better. It is surprising that this little problem is not corrected.
01-30-2013, 04:04 AM,
[Image: 50ce15bfab98212195206.0374966001326794744.gif]
01-31-2013, 12:50 PM,
Speed of game play depends on your system. There can be no generic answer here on the blitz forums.

Best to contact HPS / JTS support and be sure to give them the specifics about your PC hardware and OS.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
01-31-2013, 01:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2013, 01:01 PM by Compass Rose.)
I'm not sure if it would make a difference in this series however, in the HPS EAW series, if the replays are playing too fast for a player, it has been advised that the player activate the following settings which will cause the game replays to play out slower:
  • Sound Effects
  • Background Music
  • Background Sounds

Maybe the reverse may happen in the PzC series, if you shut these settings off.
02-02-2013, 06:39 PM,
In addition to slowing down in Stalingrad and Korsun is slowing and Bulge 44.
BULGE 44 also have a problem with slow with latest patch especially on large maps. If you put the penultimate patch the rate is much higher.
It seems the developers broke something in the last patch (1.09) and fix the slowdown can not.
(Windows XP)
02-02-2013, 07:31 PM,
I run a number of games from various companies, I HAVE NEVER SEEN THESE PROBLEMS.

When you buy a new PC they nowadays have programs which auto upgrade drivers etc, however you MUST MAKE THE EFFORT to manually keep your system fully updated.

Find out the make and model of your rig.
Visit the manufactures site.
Look for updates which you will have to manually download, especially drivers for various graphics.
Some if not all the companies have a tool to download which will find and list all the available upgrades for your rig. OR you fill in the form on site and select from the list.

You will get a shock when you find out what is available.

If you want any piece of equipment to run smoothly you gotta maintain it.
What you are experiencing is equlvalent to you rifle jamming !!!.
02-02-2013, 10:09 PM,
We'll be testing updates for Normandy, Bulge, Kursk & Budapest in the near future - to bring in the 2D zoom. If you would like to test drive them they will be posted on my forum when ready:

http://hpssims.com.c7.previewyoursite.co...ay.php?f=2

We can look at a recompile of Stalingrad and Korsun too if we need to. Was not aware this problem still existed. As mentioned, update your drivers and then try out the newest updates. And speak now or it will be a good while before another round of updates are issued for the PzC games.

Sea Lion, Moscow & El Alamein have all been updated recently so they reflect what the latest build of the engine will look like.
02-04-2013, 12:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013, 02:16 AM by Lowlander.)
Just an afterthought, in the drop down menu under A/I make sure " Fast A/I Processing " is ticked/selected.

Does'nt applying a patch reset the game to the default settings.
02-04-2013, 06:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013, 06:58 AM by rahamy.)
Yes, most settings are reset after a patch application...
Oh, you can also press F8 to activate the fast AI...