• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Strange problem with Korsun '44
11-11-2011, 10:28 AM,
RE: Strange problem with Korsun '44
Vincent, I suggest you send a note to JTS support. Rich Hamilton may have more insight than I do.
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2011, 02:51 PM,
on smaller scenarios it not that bad the slowness but if you have alot of units to move its becomes tedious
12-28-2011, 10:12 AM,
Anything new on this issue?
I have the same problem with both Bulge and Normandy imediately after updating.
As far as describing the problem goes:Open a scenario,open the artillery dialog and drag the box around the screen.You see more than one box.
Also slow in unit movement and firing.
Running a XP system.
Tried the Hardware acceleration fix with no results.
All other Hps works ok
12-28-2011, 05:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-28-2011, 05:04 PM by Panzer VI.)
Having this issue with Bulge and Campaign Leipzig.

I would have thought John Tiller would have had this fixed before he would start putting them in his games. Bulge is unplayable slow now. In Leipzig it starts off reasonable then gradually goes slow.

Disabling some of the Hardware acceleration works and the game works fantastic, but then my start menu starts acting weird.

Shame that a computer that can play all the latest games with fancy graphics is having trouble over such a graphically simple game.
01-02-2012, 08:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-02-2012, 08:48 AM by Kuriltai.)
I emailed Rich at HPS Support and he replied as follows:
"The design team is aware, but have yet to be able to replicate the
issue - and outside of the Blitz no one has reported it...so sort of
stuck at the moment. With the miriad of hardware configurations out
there it is becoming more and more difficult to code things that will
run for everyone.

About the only thing I could suggest at this point is trying to
reduce your hardware acceleration, which often times clears up
graphical problems like this. You can do that with the
troubleshooting tab on your video card properties, normally"

Tough to fix if you cant see the problem,thats for sure.
This issue has been reported at VolcanoMods as well.

01-11-2012, 12:44 PM,
I don't have performance problems. No, I see other graphics glitches. Such as occasional flashes, and then sometimes the reinforcement dialog goes behind the main screen when clicking on reinforcements. Click on the main screen and the dialog comes back. Nothing that is a show-stopper, though.

01-13-2012, 02:27 PM,
I've received reports from other users now, in other series as well. It is still not impacting the majority of users based on trouble tickets, but apparently it is growing.

So, I did some more testing on my system and as long as I had Alternative Scrolling unchecked things seemed to be good. Then, I updated my video card driver to the latest and greatest and things took a noticeable hit. Still not seeing things as drastic as some of you report, but am seeing some lag. In France '14 I get white out and refresh problems as well.

So, as I suspected, this is a case of video card manufactures continuing to change their code and it is causing issues. Coding was done on the games to remove the core which depended on DirectX a while back, but it is not rolled to all titles. With that said, even the newest coded games still have some performance issues it seems with certain video drivers.

I've reported things to JT and we're attempting to find a solution...again however, this does not impact everyone, so we have to tweak things & not break it for the rest of the customer base. Honestly I have no clue when we will have something worthy of rolling updates with, but as awlays, if it can be fixed we will do so...just like we've done for the last decade+.

Regards,
Rich
01-14-2012, 04:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-14-2012, 08:24 AM by Kuriltai.)
Quote:So, as I suspected, this is a case of video card manufactures continuing to change their code and it is causing issues.

So would this not effect all titles,not just the ones with the latest patchs?I have not seen any problems til imediately after patching.

Quote:Coding was done on the games to remove the core which depended on DirectX a while back, but it is not rolled to all titles.

Can you tell us which titles? I am going to guess B44,N44, and Gettysburg as they are my effected titles. (and obviously K44 as well also from a comment on Volcanos site.(I have not installed the latest patch for K44 myself)

Anyway,I know you guys are working to solve the problem.Let me know if I can help.

02-07-2012, 04:47 AM,
The France '14 update seems to have resolved the various issues reported on it for a couple of customers - so what i need to know is what would be the best PzC title to test with.
02-07-2012, 09:06 AM,
N44, B44,and maybe K44 are the 3 PzC with issues for me.

Dont think it matters which is first...