• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Strange problem with Korsun '44
11-10-2011, 10:04 PM,
RE: Strange problem with Korsun '44
having same problem with Smolensk also when moving units they move in slow motion.
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2011, 04:50 AM,
This is very odd to me. I just would've never expected there to be performance issues with an HPS title, and it appears to be some issue with the latest patches because I am not the only one.
11-11-2011, 06:18 AM,
Try divisional movement. I found the units move lighting fast on my XP machine in divisional movement, whereas if I move them one at a time they are quite slow.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
11-11-2011, 06:23 AM,
Whatever the problem is I hope it's addressed delicately because I'm sure I'm not alone in not having any performance issues that I'm aware of.

The game runs fine on my WindowsXP-driven desktop. What kind of hardware/software configurations are having problems, so that when people replace their old systems they know what to avoid?
History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.
11-11-2011, 06:50 AM,
(11-11-2011, 06:23 AM)Philippe Wrote: Whatever the problem is I hope it's addressed delicately because I'm sure I'm not alone in not having any performance issues that I'm aware of.

The game runs fine on my WindowsXP-driven desktop. What kind of hardware/software configurations are having problems, so that when people replace their old systems they know what to avoid?

If you aren't having issues already, then any changes aren't going to affect you.

That being said I think it's something graphics hardware related.
11-11-2011, 08:07 AM,
That doesn't answer the question, though. What combinations of operating systems and hardware are having problems? If you don't spell it out, it's going to be pretty hard for anyone to work on fixing it.
History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.
11-11-2011, 08:26 AM,
Im Running Vista on my laptop
11-11-2011, 08:27 AM,
I use an AMD dual core cpu 3ghz and ATI 4650 graphics card on windows XP SP3.
11-11-2011, 09:20 AM,
All, my understanding was that John had to rewrite the graphics module due to Microsoft terminating support on some areas for DirectX. This is being implemented with the latest patches. Later machines were showing graphical anomolies that forced this change etc (particularly in Win 7). One issue found in testing was the called out 'slowness'. As I said the fix we found was the hardware acceleration change and this at least reduced the impact.

Not certain there is an easy change for this.
11-11-2011, 09:50 AM,
(11-11-2011, 09:20 AM)Strela Wrote: All, my understanding was that John had to rewrite the graphics module due to Microsoft terminating support on some areas for DirectX. This is being implemented with the latest patches. Later machines were showing graphical anomolies that forced this change etc (particularly in Win 7). One issue found in testing was the called out 'slowness'. As I said the fix we found was the hardware acceleration change and this at least reduced the impact.

Not certain there is an easy change for this.

Fix one thing and break another. The easiest solution now is I stop buying PZC games.