• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Need CS Players to step up as Game Testers!
11-25-2011, 02:52 AM,
RE: Need CS Players to step up as Game Testers!
Hello All:

If my scenarios offend the H2H process then we can remove them. They don't test quickly, and therefore do not fit the expectations of some involved in defining what H2H should be.
No worries mates...if you want to remove them so be it.
No hard feelings, I get it.

Both scenarios of mine are being actively and currently tested.
My thanks to JVK, HSL, Von Luck, dawags, Smedly, Chuck10mtn, Jesse, Tiger88, and several others, etc., for their continued support.

Very few players are willing to get involved and test these large scenarios. It's not everyone's cup of tea, and so I can't get 4 test games recorded. When I do, and learn from the testing, if I make any modifications, I'm not allowed to "graduate" H2H as it is...I have to start all over from square one even though the initial ratings on the earliest version already met the criteria for H2H certification. That part perplexes me, but I suppose a designer could take a good scenario and modify it into a mess...so retesting it is...and another couple years go by.

In counterpoint, my endless hours of involvement testing these means I am seldom available to help others with their testing. My apologies to those I have not been able to help.

I've always considered myself a proponent of H2H testing and supported it to the best of my ability over the years. Sorry to be detrimental to the process. In spite of my large scenario addiction I have managed to help test several other scenarios and continue to do so because I believe in testing scenarios to help the designers improve their product.

In the end it's a tool, and tools should be used in my opinion.
While I don't agree that my scenarios are "languishing" anywhere either inside or outside of H2H, if they offend, or are taking up valuable space others could better use, please remove them.

Regards,

Dan
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2011, 07:25 AM,
(11-25-2011, 02:52 AM)Dan Caviness Wrote: If my scenarios offend the H2H process then we can remove them. They don't test quickly, and therefore do not fit the expectations of some involved in defining what H2H should be.
No worries mates...if you want to remove them so be it.
No hard feelings, I get it.

Dan. Nobody is stating that scenarios under development in the H2H section "offend" others? :chin: My post was an attempt to get more players involved in the testing of these scenarios... not to criticize either these creations or the scenario developers themselves! :eek1:

(11-25-2011, 02:52 AM)Dan Caviness Wrote: I've always considered myself a proponent of H2H testing and supported it to the best of my ability over the years. Sorry to be detrimental to the process. In spite of my large scenario addiction I have managed to help test several other scenarios and continue to do so because I believe in testing scenarios to help the designers improve their product.

I admire your scenarios... and do NOT consider your creations to be "detrimental" to the H2H process... in fact I applaud your efforts and sincerely thank you for your support of the H2H process and all you do for the Blitz! :bow: cheers

(11-25-2011, 02:52 AM)Dan Caviness Wrote: In the end it's a tool, and tools should be used in my opinion.
While I don't agree that my scenarios are "languishing" anywhere either inside or outside of H2H, if they offend, or are taking up valuable space others could better use, please remove them.

Finally, I apologize for any misunderstanding on my earlier post. My post was to encourage other players to get involved in play testing... and that was the extent of it. Again, thank you for your scenario creations and contributions to the Blitz! cheers
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
11-25-2011, 10:10 AM,
Hey Blitz Gents,

I am willing to test anything and I believe a week or so back I asked for a play test on one of the H2H scenarios. I got no response so I figured no one was up for it.

I say now, is there anyone out there that wants to play test a scenario in H2H? It can be one of Dan's large ones or something else there that has been a bit stalled.

I also want to thank all the folks who attempted and play tested my scenario "Forty-five Clicks to Moscow". It got approved and I greatly appreciate that!

Thanks

Ivan the Big:smoke:
11-25-2011, 09:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-25-2011, 11:35 PM by Kool Kat.)
(11-25-2011, 10:10 AM)Ivan The Big Wrote: Hey Blitz Gents,

I am willing to test anything and I believe a week or so back I asked for a play test on one of the H2H scenarios. I got no response so I figured no one was up for it.

I say now, is there anyone out there that wants to play test a scenario in H2H? It can be one of Dan's large ones or something else there that has been a bit stalled.

I also want to thank all the folks who attempted and play tested my scenario "Forty-five Clicks to Moscow". It got approved and I greatly appreciate that!

Thanks

Hey John!

I could use another play tester for my East Front "Bedlam in Belorussia" scenario in the H2H section! :smoke:

I've sent you the game files and first turn... and registered our test game! :)

Many thanks John and I look forward to our test game! cheers
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
11-26-2011, 05:52 PM,
Hey KK

Good luck, and thanks for the behind the scene work in setting up our test. It will be interesting playing the designer as I have not done that before.

Cheers!

11-26-2011, 10:01 PM,
Gents: :smoke:

Many thanks to all the CS players... who "answered the call"... and stepped up to play test the scenarios in the H2H Section! :bow: cheers

"A completed, tested and balanced scenario ultimately helps the community by adding to the list of available, challenging and entertaining scenarios."

Look forward to seeing new and exciting creations in the H2H Section! :)

Send this user an email
11-27-2011, 01:28 AM,
I`m taking a break from playing battles at the moment and so I would love to playtest a battle.

Any takers ?
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
11-27-2011, 09:13 PM,
(11-27-2011, 01:28 AM)Antoni Chmielowski Wrote: I`m taking a break from playing battles at the moment and so I would love to playtest a battle.

Any takers ?

I'll take you up on that Antoni, It's been a couple of months since I put in a test report, pick your game and side if you are ready to play. cheers