• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Quick Reference Cards for PC?
09-26-2011, 07:43 AM,
RE: Quick Reference Cards for PC?
Yeah me either ... especially not in Squad Battles where my winning percentage is -welll it is well below the Medoza line. :ugh: Big Grin
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2011, 03:27 AM,
(09-24-2011, 08:36 PM)trauth116 Wrote: I'd been thinking of doing a map key for awhile too, but I figure doing the maps using stock graphics are more useful to the company as a whole. What I had in mind there was doing something similar to what Talonsoft did in their user guides, which in turn was very similar to what boardgame companies have been doing for years. Something with a terrain image from the game in all states (2d zoom in, zoom out, 3d zoom in, zoom out), name of the terrain, formatted in a table setting. While it might be logical to then use the pdt info there, it might be a little much to take on since in PzC there are so many types of movement classes, then double that for movement states (T formation or not).

You'd have to consider showing each terrain in different weather settings, too, then.... *sigh*
09-27-2011, 09:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-27-2011, 09:19 AM by -72-.)
(09-27-2011, 03:27 AM)Liebchen Wrote:
(09-24-2011, 08:36 PM)trauth116 Wrote: I'd been thinking of doing a map key for awhile too, but I figure doing the maps using stock graphics are more useful to the company as a whole. What I had in mind there was doing something similar to what Talonsoft did in their user guides, which in turn was very similar to what boardgame companies have been doing for years. Something with a terrain image from the game in all states (2d zoom in, zoom out, 3d zoom in, zoom out), name of the terrain, formatted in a table setting. While it might be logical to then use the pdt info there, it might be a little much to take on since in PzC there are so many types of movement classes, then double that for movement states (T formation or not).

You'd have to consider showing each terrain in different weather settings, too, then.... *sigh*

True enough, and if I want to do one for say Jison's mods ... double all of that again (as I'm sure if it were to turn out well, then JTS/HPS would want it done using stock graphics, as it would be a selling point for their titles, in the sense of what probably many of us may have done at the local hobby shop when browsing at wargame box backs... or maybe that just dated me in the sense that there were hobby shops that had wargames in a box Big Grin ). Otoh, I should say that in creating the FIW's Quebec map it took about 150 screen shots of about 1900 x 1000 px each -so doing the work isn;t a problem, but planning it out (usually story boarding), and then implementing things does take time. So it is an idea, not a promise.

Bydand
Send this user an email