• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How Many Active players are in the Camp. Series Ladder
08-23-2011, 08:46 AM,
RE: How Many Active players are in the Camp. Series Ladder
(08-23-2011, 05:06 AM)Panzer Puss Wrote: I think Rebel is referring to active members re the forum, not the game being played?
As for stimulating the brain through discourse, I think many members gave up
on attempting that?

Peter, I will not speak for Keith but his thread title is "How Many Active players are in the Camp. Series Ladder".
It just may go along with their active "playing" that they may or may not post to the forums, other than to find new opponents to keep their gaming "dance cards" full?

Someone who gives up on brain stimulation may as well be brain dead? :dunno: Only their psychiatrist would know for sure? :eek1:

Could be, as Dave said, it is summer. It could be the heavy moderation at one time, a while ago (I cannot think of the moderation that has been done recently) that made members feel like avoiding the appearance of discord.
It could be that the "veteran posters" said their piece and are waiting for something new.
Whatever the reasons (we all have them, eh) to post or not to post is unrelated to how many games are being played, and more a factor of discussing things that have been previously discussed?
I think the game and club were new in '99, '00, & '01?

Thanks Terry/OvB for researching the action on the ladders. It's nice to see playing is still going on here. :smoke:

cheers

HSL
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2011, 11:53 AM,
guys apparently the question was a good one, alot of people are looking at it and some are leaving replys, i am back at it after a very long layoff from getting burnt out big time, i am very happy to see there are still alot of guys that are still here playing the many different games offered here at the Blitz. well hopefully down the line i will get the chance to battle with each and everyone of you, it's good to see these games are still going strong!!
08-23-2011, 09:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-24-2011, 03:16 AM by Kool Kat.)
Gents: :smoke:

I think the reasons players either post or do not post on these forums is as myriad and varied as the players themselves? :chin:

And taking a snap shot of current forum activity... Lots of players looking for opponents... lots of players participating in PBeM matches and CS ladder (thanks Terry for running the numbers there!)... some interesting subject and off-topic threads... and all conducted in a civil and respective manner.

This thread is an example of an interesting topic that is generating a good number of responses from different players? :chin:

And for me... I don't have reservations on starting various subject threads and polls... even off-topic ones like "What are you doing this summer?" (12 replies / over 300 views) I'm naturally curious and I thought it would be interesting for both me and other Blitz players to learn something "non-PBeM" related about their opponents. Apparently, other folks thought the same?

To butcher a Field of Dreams movie line... "If you start an interesting thread, they will come." ;)

I'm pretty content here at the CS Forums... and IMO it "can" be a "mind stimulating" environment... provided players participate and contribute.

Sounds like a pretty "kool" ;) virtual "playground" to hang out in to me! :cool2:

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
08-24-2011, 03:09 AM,
This is a forum where all contributions are welcome (and I would encourage it !) as they stimulate the old grey matter.

I only Mod when I have to and after a post has been reported and even then I may decide the post is ok and so far I havent had to mod this summer (thanks guys !).

And as for my dancecard, I have regular & trusted players out there (you know who you are !), but I always have time to help out bootcampers.

So my words to you all are :

1) Keep posting
2) Keep me from not having to Mod and
3) Keep beating me regularly those who are on my dancecard !

Cheers !
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
08-25-2011, 04:37 AM,
Smile  RE: How Many Active players are in the Camp. Series Ladder
Want to boost the forum activity? Title your thread "Empty Halftrack Surround and Assualt"
08-25-2011, 06:45 AM,
:grin2:

That'll do it!

cheers

HSL
08-25-2011, 10:11 AM,
(08-25-2011, 04:37 AM)Fubar1 Wrote: Want to boost the forum activity? Title your thread "Empty Halftrack Surround and Assualt"

Bwahahahaha!

08-25-2011, 08:13 PM,
(08-25-2011, 04:37 AM)Fubar1 Wrote: Want to boost the forum activity? Title your thread "Empty Halftrack Surround and Assualt"

My personal favorite :-)........nothing like going back to the basics to get a fireball thread going!
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
08-25-2011, 08:50 PM,

Would this work with the new EA rules, Seems like the lone leader might be able to fight them all off and capture the halftracks !!!
08-26-2011, 01:24 AM,
Don't go there Chuck - this thread might just reach critical mass Fiery