• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How Many Active players are in the Camp. Series Ladder
08-22-2011, 11:36 AM,
How Many Active players are in the Camp. Series Ladder
Just wondering, it seems like they are very few active players on this ladder, i could be wrong but the message boards are always pretty low keyed. i remember around 1999 and 2000, 2001 the camp series ladder was the hotspot....
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2011, 09:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-22-2011, 10:54 PM by Kool Kat.)
RE: How Many Active players are in the Camp. Series Ladder
Keith:

And your point is? :chin:

I count over 14+ different threads on "Page #1" (Normal Forum) with approx 300 replies with daily posts?

Just taking a sample of the number of "Page #1" replies from some of the other Blitz Club Forums... Combat Series (Approx 100 replies)... Tiller Operational (Approx 100 replies)... Squad Battles (maybe 50 replies?)... Steel Panthers (maybe 50 replies?)

So... from a "quantity" standpoint... CS forums are "out replying" many other Blitz Forums... so let's take a look at "quality" threads...

Here are some threads that generated good discussion posts... all posted in the last 3-4 months:

"A few armored car musings..."
"Turn Save Counter: Blessing or Curse?"
"STUGS"
"What needs to be done to improve the CS forums?"
"The Banzai"
"Infantry carried in half tracks"
"Extreme assault tactics - What works best?"

IMO... the CS forum is currently generating both "quantity" (# of replies) and "quality" (threads)... so don't see a problem here? :chin:

P.S. I've been a Blitz Club member since 2006... so your referenced period was before my time.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
08-22-2011, 11:31 PM,
(08-22-2011, 11:36 AM)Rebel__ Wrote: Just wondering, it seems like they are very few active players on this ladder, i could be wrong but the message boards are always pretty low keyed. i remember around 1999 and 2000, 2001 the camp series ladder was the hotspot....

We're still here rebel..........we've just mellowed out a bit..........for a while we worked the custodians pretty hard.........sort of kept them on their toes as it were :-)

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
08-23-2011, 01:44 AM,
Yeah Rebel, I'm still playing here and there but, being a long term member,
I know where your coming from. Many years back was 'the Golden Era', that seems to
have disappeared for some time now?
Many of the posts now are from a very small percentage of members I feel and despite
the efforts of some to regenerate the forum, alas I think too many have been put off
bothering with it anymore due to various reasons? Mind you, nice to see some new members
looking for games on here, maybe that will grow and bring some new blood into the forum?
08-23-2011, 02:50 AM,
(08-22-2011, 11:36 AM)Rebel__ Wrote: Just wondering, it seems like they are very few active players on this ladder, i could be wrong but the message boards are always pretty low keyed. i remember around 1999 and 2000, 2001 the camp series ladder was the hotspot....

Hi Keith,

I think that we are all waiting in anticipation of the new version upgrade and the release of Modern Wars.
Lively it will be when those two are presented to us.
Plus, we have Tiller dabbling in a platoon level game/system. Depending on how it is made and marketed it might go a long way into bringing fresh blood and banter.

It's almost better being quiet than to read posts from provocateurs? Those whose only interest seems to be in getting a rise out of the emotions of others, rather than in stimulating the brain through discourse. :chin:

What topic would you like to discuss?
I'd be interested in hearing what you think makes a good scenario design.

cheers

HSL
08-23-2011, 04:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-23-2011, 04:31 AM by Otto von Blotto.)
It's easy to find out have a look at the 2011 ladder, :whis: you will see 145 different players have game reports since January and between them there are over 1520 results / 2 averages 760 games in 8 months, nearly 100 individual game results a month, this doesn't include the H2H tests either. :chin:

So I would say yes still pretty active. cheers
08-23-2011, 05:06 AM,
I think Rebel is referring to active members re the forum, not the game being played?
As for stimulating the brain through discourse, I think many members gave up
on attempting that?
08-23-2011, 06:03 AM,
(08-23-2011, 04:29 AM)Otto von Blotto Wrote: It's easy to find out have a look at the 2011 ladder, :whis: you will see 145 different players have game reports since January and between them there are over 1520 results / 2 averages 760 games in 8 months, nearly 100 individual game results a month, this doesn't include the H2H tests either. :chin:

So I would say yes still pretty active. cheers

Looks like a lot of members may be busy playing games? :chin:

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
08-23-2011, 08:01 AM,
Who knows? I would, however, think summer time has a little to do with it. When the weather's nice who wants to be on a computer? Also, as far as the ins and outs of the game is concerned, maybe most members are up to speed, so not much need to post game-play questions anymore, certainly not to the same degree as in 1999, 2000.

I would remind everyone that there's more to theblitz than just the CS area. The quiz's for ladder points gets activity site-wide. Good place to challenge members from the, ~ahem, lesser forums.

Earlier this years, based on CS member suggestions, we opened two new forums, one to discuss and recommend custom scenarios, and one to nominate a monthly "Senario of the Month". Although the latter doesn't get much banter, I've personally had players challenge me to the monthly nominated scenario, so I know at least it's being viewed.

Lastly, I discount suggestions that threads aren't stimulating. Sure, true of some, and yeah, maybe the fault is our own, but I still find those comments awfully subjective. To those who think that way, challenge yourself to starting one that is stimulating.

By the way, off topic threads are allowed if marked as such, with some exceptions spelled out in the club rules. I've always felt that, although we're a wargaming community, we're still a community and if this were a "brick-and-mortar" club conversations at the bar wouldn't be limited to just CS gaming. It's how we keep interest in not just the game, but each other.

So... pretty good thread, Keith!

cheers

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
08-23-2011, 08:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-23-2011, 08:03 AM by Otto von Blotto.)
(08-22-2011, 11:36 AM)Rebel__ Wrote: Just wondering, it seems like they are very few active players on this ladder i could be wrong but the message boards are always pretty low keyed. i remember around 1999 and 2000, 2001 the camp series ladder was the hotspot....
Seems a pretty unambiguous question about the ladder to me ? he then continues to as about the forum. I was just answering the ladder bit that no one else had addressed .:dunno: