Patches
08-09-2011, 02:48 PM,
RE: Patches
(08-09-2011, 12:34 PM)bwv Wrote: ah, so we are going to see the Japanese army

That was my first thought, too.

Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2011, 05:11 PM,
I wasn't aware of the new rule on fanatics - my first thought was actually the Germans at Berlin as a possibility, to make it a good battle. But I haven't downloaded the update yet so no idea of what is even happening with it, so maybe the Japanese also.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
08-09-2011, 06:01 PM,
I don't think we should be surprised if PzC goes "Far East", i think there is real possibilities for a title based on the actions on the Philippines between 1941-45 and even Burma is possible? :chin:
08-09-2011, 06:22 PM,
Good to see the new 2D magnification which was a much requested enhancement come to fruition, and hopefully will quickly be applied to the other games.

These enhancements really do improve the gaming experience and without doubt should help to maintain sales by drawing in fringe gamers.
08-09-2011, 10:20 PM,
(08-09-2011, 06:01 PM)Foul. Wrote: I don't think we should be surprised if PzC goes "Far East", i think there is real possibilities for a title based on the actions on the Philippines between 1941-45 and even Burma is possible? :chin:

Although Manchuria 39/45 would be the best fit for the game engine

Japanese had what, half a dozen divisions in Burma and maybe twice that in the Philippines vs. 1.2 million in Manchuria in 1945?
08-09-2011, 10:49 PM,
(08-09-2011, 05:11 PM)Ricky B Wrote: ... my first thought was actually the Germans at Berlin as a possibility, to make it a good battle. ...Rick

That's what I thought too - Germany '45. Not only Berlin but also some of the later actions on the Western front.

08-10-2011, 01:13 AM,
And what about a what-if a la Sealion with invasion of Japan in 1945 Operation Downfall?
Send this user an email
08-19-2011, 05:33 AM,
(08-09-2011, 05:06 AM)Foul. Wrote:
(08-09-2011, 02:52 AM)Lowlander Wrote: We had a thread sometime ago which detailed how to make a CD with all you HPSSIMS games EXE files, which you keep in your PC.
Enables you to go from one game to another without the need to install the game disk.

Yes and it was unapproved as at that time any threads that gave information about how to circumvent the disk security feature (such as it was) were banned as this info might have impacted on HPS sales, however since then Rich H himself has posted (in his blog at GS http://forums.gamesquad.com/entry.php?66....#comments) how to create a "magic disk" to play all the titles, so since that time i have not removed any info about how to create them.

I would concur with that. :cool2:

Instructions:

Create a Working directory on your hard drive.
Create a folder inside for each game you own, naming it the exact way it appears on the CD, for example Campaign Gettysburg
Make sure each game folder is named Exactly the way it is shows on the cd (Caps, abbreviations, spacing, etc.)
Place a copy of the main exe file in the appropriate folder, for example cpg.exe
Then burn your cd. Make sure all the game folders are at the root of the CD, don't grab the working directory with them inside of it, as that won't work.

I keep the working folder in tact once I am done, that way when a new game comes out I just have to repeat the process for that one title and I can burn a new cd.
08-19-2011, 06:00 AM,
Ah, I just use a re-writable CD to add to, knowing it is going to change, or did in the past. Rich, does it matter if the exe copied on is from the original CD or an updated version from a patch? i have always copied from the original CD, but was giving someone else advice on this and wasn't sure, since he had patched the games.

Thanks Rich
Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
08-19-2011, 06:16 AM,
That was an old write, so I moved to a re-writtable cd as well. The version of the exe shouldn't matter, I've used a variety in the past I believe.