• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Patches
08-02-2011, 08:27 PM,
Patches
I wonder if Mr Tiller would consider releasing a General patch ( excuse the pun ) to bring all these games up to the same level.
OK I realise this might not be possible what with all the various scenarios weather, terrain special rules for different games.
However if you don't ask you don't get.
Reason I'm asking is that all the ACW games seem to be upgraded.
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2011, 05:03 PM,
RE: Patches
Ok the word is that after the release of a new game this weekend ( sorry no info on historical period ) they should begin updating the patches.
But don't quote me !!!.
08-05-2011, 07:07 AM,
Whoohaa...that is good news. I've been waiting on some patches for some particular Panzer Campaign games myself. I hope you are correct in your assumption.
08-05-2011, 07:57 AM,
(08-05-2011, 07:07 AM)enigma6584 Wrote: Whoohaa...that is good news. I've been waiting on some patches for some particular Panzer Campaign games myself. I hope you are correct in your assumption.

which ones?

What feature are you looking to have added to games
Send this user an email
08-05-2011, 08:09 AM,
(08-05-2011, 07:57 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote:
(08-05-2011, 07:07 AM)enigma6584 Wrote: Whoohaa...that is good news. I've been waiting on some patches for some particular Panzer Campaign games myself. I hope you are correct in your assumption.

which ones?

What feature are you looking to have added to games

I would love the following to be brought up to Kursk or Budapest standard:

Kharkov 42
Minsk 44
Smolensk 41
Rzhev 42

08-05-2011, 08:47 AM,
I'll put another vote in for having Kharkov 42 brought up to the latest standards next.
08-05-2011, 02:57 PM,
(08-02-2011, 08:27 PM)Lowlander Wrote: I wonder if Mr Tiller would consider releasing a General patch ( excuse the pun ) to bring all these games up to the same level.

To answer your question - no.
Honestly I wish he would - but if we did and there was a bug, then there would be a lot of new *a* patches to fix it. Then, how long to wait before another GENERAL PATCH again?

So the approach is to patch periodically one at a time here and there by drips.

Glenn

Send this user an email
08-05-2011, 07:32 PM,
OK, if Mr Tiller does'nt want to launch a comprehensive " A " patch, how about a " B " version.

The " B " version being all the game engine enhancements to-date which are proven to work.

Sorry to keep pushing this but IMO the patches are lagging way behind the latest DD games.
08-06-2011, 01:26 AM,
(08-05-2011, 07:32 PM)Lowlander Wrote: The " B " version being all the game engine enhancements to-date which are proven to work.

sounds simple but the code is always changing and what works in one game might not work in another - there are difference - winter\summer is one.

I recall once where we released a patch with what seemed logical but due to oob subitlies affected another game dramatically.

I've had two cases this week in one game where I could only see a weird issue in a particular scn. One I sent in last night and am waiting on a response on. But I can't explain why I see it only in some situation.

You mentioned SIX games you wanted patched - but are you really playing all six of these titles this week? Or are you just looking at the HPS website and the patch dates? What new rule or option are you looking for in Rzhev for instance, are you looking for?

Glenn

Send this user an email
08-06-2011, 02:35 AM,
Everyone has their own personnal favourite but looking thro the updates surely it would be possible to upgrade and enhance the early games to at least Sealion standards.

2007 saw 5 patches released
2008 saw 6 patches released
2009 saw 2 patches released
2010 saw 2 patches released including one for HPSSIMS Sealion
2011 we have had 3 patches, which are to the same standard as HPSSIMS Sealion.

The DD games have had 1 patch.

So IMO the enhancements to the game engine included in the HPSSIMS Sealion patch would be the benchmark which would work wonders in updating every game to 2010 standard.

I.E. the " B " patch.