• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Patches
08-08-2011, 02:04 PM,
RE: Patches
(08-07-2011, 06:00 PM)Lowlander Wrote: I was just beating the grass to see if I could get some movement.

That was what I suspected - and when somebody wants a game patched because they are playing it or about to start a new match, then we are much more responsive vs somebody who is beating grass.

Quote:I suspect what has happened .....

But it doesn't really matter. Each title does take a coordination between a few parties and if all games were updated after every little change, we would not be doing anything except buiding and testing updates.

Now I agree that there are a bunch of games which could br brought up to date, and we are committed to updating then on an as needed basis.

Earlier this week someone emailed and asked for a Kharkov 42 patch for a game and that one is in the works. It is as simple as that. Someone else asked for a game that has been patched ...well... it isn't too old of a level so I had to say no because there are older games that need it first.

The new patch btw has yet a new feature which you guys are all going to like - so EVERY Game except this new patch will be out of date again. Where do we start? We can't update EVERY GAME to this level as this thread has pointed out we have older games that need features that more recent games have.

This is where we have to priorities what titles people want what updates for. So this is where "beating the grass" becomes noise which equals "make work" projects and nothing more.

Glenn
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2011, 08:34 PM,
Glenn, sorry if I'm coming over kinda aggressive, not my style.

I understand and fully appreciate all the effort and ongoing work developing these games.

But I do play some other games where nearly everybody installs the latest BETA patch.
You then have a majority of players able to find and report bugs etc ( please don't nitpick this ).

But again I'm not asking for the very latest game engine enhancements just one which would standardize all the games to a fixed point, let's say to the Sealion level.

If a BETA patch was available, players could then decide which games to update.

So my last request is for a BETA type of patch to fit all earlier games.
Applied at the users own risk !!!
As is the case for other BETA patches from other game companies.
08-09-2011, 12:57 AM,
I think the one thing that a lot of people would like to see done to all the games is the update that lets you play without disk in the computer. It would seem to me, non-programmer, that this update woudn't have any effect on gameplay. Could this be done as a sort of universal patch?
08-09-2011, 02:52 AM,
(08-09-2011, 12:57 AM)Nitram Draw Wrote: I think the one thing that a lot of people would like to see done to all the games is the update that lets you play without disk in the computer. It would seem to me, non-programmer, that this update woudn't have any effect on gameplay. Could this be done as a sort of universal patch?
We had a thread sometime ago which detailed how to make a CD with all you HPSSIMS games EXE files, which you keep in your PC.
Enables you to go from one game to another without the need to install the game disk.

08-09-2011, 05:06 AM,
(08-09-2011, 02:52 AM)Lowlander Wrote: We had a thread sometime ago which detailed how to make a CD with all you HPSSIMS games EXE files, which you keep in your PC.
Enables you to go from one game to another without the need to install the game disk.

Yes and it was unapproved as at that time any threads that gave information about how to circumvent the disk security feature (such as it was) were banned as this info might have impacted on HPS sales, however since then Rich H himself has posted (in his blog at GS http://forums.gamesquad.com/entry.php?66....#comments) how to create a "magic disk" to play all the titles, so since that time i have not removed any info about how to create them.
08-09-2011, 07:46 AM,
The Kharkov '42 patch is now available on the HPS Website.

http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/Updates/up_...#KHARKOV42

I am sure you guys are going to love the new 2D Zoom level that John created using digital zoom of existing art files - most useful in larger monitors with many dot pixels width.

Glenn
Send this user an email
08-09-2011, 08:16 AM,
so what's up with the "fanatical nations" rule? How does it work?
08-09-2011, 08:32 AM,
Enjoying the new zoom level :-)
Send this user an email
08-09-2011, 08:56 AM,
(08-09-2011, 08:16 AM)bwv Wrote: so what's up with the "fanatical nations" rule? How does it work?

Future expansion of the series - can't say anything more about it I am afraid.

Send this user an email
08-09-2011, 12:34 PM,
ah, so we are going to see the Japanese army