• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Problems loading Scn
07-22-2011, 03:02 AM,
Problems loading Scn
I just upgraded to 1.01 - two of my opponents have sent me v 1.01 files.
When I try to load the scn., - at the end of the loading process, the program shuts down and I am returned to the desktop - the password page doesn't even show up - any ideas? A couple of other files load just fine - so I don't get it
H
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2011, 07:46 AM,
RE: Problems loading Scn
I had the same exact issue-with the game crashing while loading just before the password screen.That's because the original 1.00 pbem game was opened with 1.01 then processed.
Here's the correct way to do it:
1)You load the 1.00 pbem game using the 1.00 version
2)You save it-without hitting the Go button from Briefings->Save
3)You open the saved game using 1.01,issue your orders and hit Go.
Send this user an email
07-22-2011, 11:56 AM,
(07-22-2011, 07:46 AM)raz_atoth Wrote: I had the same exact issue-with the game crashing while loading just before the password screen.That's because the original 1.00 pbem game was opened with 1.01 then processed.
Here's the correct way to do it:
1)You load the 1.00 pbem game using the 1.00 version
2)You save it-without hitting the Go button from Briefings->Save
3)You open the saved game using 1.01,issue your orders and hit Go.

Both players said they sent me v 1.01 files - I installed the game again with version 1.00 and tried loading the files into that game's (1.00) incoming email files - when I open up version 1.00 the two scenarios don't show up - telling me they were indeed 1.01 files
07-23-2011, 12:52 AM,
Most likely the files are v.1.01,but they were generated incorrectly.If you take a 1.00 pbem game (as opposed to a save game generated from Briefings->Save) and open it with 1.01-then hit the Go button- it will probably work on your end.However,when your opponent gets the file and tries to open it-the game will most likely crash.
The correct way to convert 1.00 turns to 1.01 is the one i posted above.Confirmed by BFC and tested by me ;)
Send this user an email
07-23-2011, 02:53 PM,
(07-23-2011, 12:52 AM)raz_atoth Wrote: Most likely the files are v.1.01,but they were generated incorrectly.If you take a 1.00 pbem game (as opposed to a save game generated from Briefings->Save) and open it with 1.01-then hit the Go button- it will probably work on your end.However,when your opponent gets the file and tries to open it-the game will most likely crash.
The correct way to convert 1.00 turns to 1.01 is the one i posted above.Confirmed by BFC and tested by me ;)

What if I've ALREADY upgraded to 1.01?
Do I have to do a fresh install of version1.00? I purchased the game online; Is version 1.0 still available for download?

Send this user an email
07-23-2011, 10:28 PM,
You can either install 1.00-if the old download links are still available (or you burned it on a dvd after you download it) which might cost you an additional activation or you can simply entrust your password/turns to someone who still has 1.00 installed and ask him to save the games from Briefings->save so you can open those saved games with 1.00.
Send this user an email