• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

C2 and mortars question
07-21-2011, 05:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-21-2011, 05:43 AM by Whisky.)
C2 and mortars question
I think I'm missing something. In two games I have my mortars set up next to their own HQ. Their HQ has a radio. Still, all of the other HQ's show "out of contact" when I want to call in artillery. This image shows the mortar HQ with radio next to the mortars, Who can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

[Image: mortarplatoon.jpg]
In case the picture fails

In other news: do AT guns never have line of sight through bocage like in this picture? Or am I doing something wrong? I'm a bit bummed out because it'll take at least 10 turns to pack up, move and deploy somewhere else. I'm gonna need it a bit sooner in this game!

[Image: atgunhedgerow.jpg]

In case the picture fails
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2011, 05:48 AM,
RE: Illustrated questions
Are you sure those mortars belong to that HQ?If you double click the HQ's floating unit the mortars should be highlighted.
In the case of the AT gun you should issue a face command.You give the move order-then you click on the movement path so the white bulb at the end is highlighted.Then you issue the face command in the direction you wish it to have los.
I guess it's pretty much time for a ''tips & tricks' forum with images and so on...;)
Send this user an email
07-21-2011, 08:48 AM,
RE: C2 and mortars question
Thanks about the AT gun LOS. When my next turn is send back I'll see if it worked!

About the mortars, I'm not sure if that is it. This situation is happening in a scenario (disputed village). The mortars do not have an HQ with them, other than the one in the screenshot (which, granted, doesn't seem to belong to the mortars since when selecting them the mortars are not highlighted...)

It seems to me that in other games I could just place any unit with a radio next to the mortars and voila: they'd be in C2. Now in this game and in another one (where I really desperatly need fire support :) ) that suddenly doesn't seem to work anymore. So I'm guessing there's more to it than just placing a unit with a radio next to the mortars. Is there?