• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hello.
07-17-2011, 12:44 PM,
Hello.
New here,just saying hello.I have just completed my first PBEM game with JonS from the BattleFront CM;BN forums.He walked me thru the procedure and helped me get started and then Kicked my Butt in Cats chasing Dogs.He was the Americans,and he wrecked me,but I loved it and I am now a PBEM Whore thanks to Him.

Anywho,I found this site from a link at the BF forums and decided to join up.Looks to be a great site for finding opponents.I am good for at least 1 turn a day,sometimes more.Once in a while I may go 2 days between turns but that is rare,only if work gets in the way.lol.I am on Eastern time zone and look forward to getting beat up some more.One question,what happens if I am in the middle of a PBEM game and the patch comes out?Will the game need to be restarted?Just curious if I should hold off on getting a bunch of PBEM games going or not.Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2011, 08:34 PM,
RE: Hello.
(07-17-2011, 12:44 PM)FINALCUT Wrote: New here,just saying hello.I have just completed my first PBEM game with JonS from the BattleFront CM;BN forums.He walked me thru the procedure and helped me get started and then Kicked my Butt in Cats chasing Dogs.He was the Americans,and he wrecked me,but I loved it and I am now a PBEM Whore thanks to Him.

Anywho,I found this site from a link at the BF forums and decided to join up.Looks to be a great site for finding opponents.I am good for at least 1 turn a day,sometimes more.Once in a while I may go 2 days between turns but that is rare,only if work gets in the way.lol.I am on Eastern time zone and look forward to getting beat up some more.One question,what happens if I am in the middle of a PBEM game and the patch comes out?Will the game need to be restarted?Just curious if I should hold off on getting a bunch of PBEM games going or not.Thanks.
you have to save as a different name your v1.00 .exe file in able to continue your old PBEMs. while playing old PBEMs , you have to execute v.1.00 exe but for new PBEMs v1.01 exe. I mean you will have two .exe files
07-17-2011, 09:47 PM,
(07-17-2011, 08:34 PM)togi Wrote: you have to save as a different name your v1.00 .exe file in able to continue your old PBEMs. while playing old PBEMs , you have to execute v.1.00 exe but for new PBEMs v1.01 exe. I mean you will have two .exe files
Is this something official confirmed by BFC?
Send this user an email
07-18-2011, 12:27 AM,
(07-17-2011, 08:34 PM)togi Wrote: you have to save as a different name your v1.00 .exe file in able to continue your old PBEMs. while playing old PBEMs , you have to execute v.1.00 exe but for new PBEMs v1.01 exe. I mean you will have two .exe files

I think the safest way I have heard of yet was to copy the complete game directory (old) to some other location and then patch the game to the next higher version. You could then launch the two versions as required.
Just renaming the exe might work, but I think in most cases also some other content is updated, resulting in an acompanying .brz container file. This would definitely cause confusion if just the exe was renamed. Hence the suggestion to have two completely independent directories with all the necessary content.
At least that's what I gathered over the years from CMSF and comments about different versions. Never tried this myself though (I only started PBEM with CMBN).