• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Volcano Man's site
06-14-2011, 05:41 AM,
RE: Volcano Man's site
Hmm, I typed a reply yesterday but I don't see it (maybe I forgot to hit "Post Reply") Eek

...in any case, here is what is mostly likely the problem. In regards to any pop up windows that say "cookies must be enabled", or "you are not authorized to view this source" or anything similar to that, then just ignore it. 9 times out of 10 you are logged in and for some reason the homepage does not refresh to show this to be true (it has the login button in the top right for example). All you need to do is click on Downloads, or Forum or anything else and not login, once you do that then the saved cookie will log you in automatically (or the page will refresh, one of the two occurs) and it should be fine after that.

As for a 404 error, this would most likely be something to do with the connection to the site itself. Maybe the ISP you are using or the server that the site is located on is temporary having difficulty or is unavailable, just try again later.

Hope that helps...
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2011, 02:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-15-2011, 02:20 AM by Gasbag.)
RE: Volcano Man's site
(06-14-2011, 05:41 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: Hmm, I typed a reply yesterday but I don't see it (maybe I forgot to hit "Post Reply") Eek

...in any case, here is what is mostly likely the problem. In regards to any pop up windows that say "cookies must be enabled", or "you are not authorized to view this source" or anything similar to that, then just ignore it. 9 times out of 10 you are logged in and for some reason the homepage does not refresh to show this to be true (it has the login button in the top right for example). All you need to do is click on Downloads, or Forum or anything else and not login, once you do that then the saved cookie will log you in automatically (or the page will refresh, one of the two occurs) and it should be fine after that.

As for a 404 error, this would most likely be something to do with the connection to the site itself. Maybe the ISP you are using or the server that the site is located on is temporary having difficulty or is unavailable, just try again later.

Hope that helps...

I sometimes get a "Not Authorized" warning when I attempt to log out. My attempts to log out have always successful so I tend to ignore the warning.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
Quote this message in a reply