• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

anti personel mines
06-07-2011, 03:40 AM,
anti personel mines
has anyone any experience how to deal with the infernal things? i took countless casualties when encountering them, there seems no way of spotting them and once your squad is on top of it instead of goin on the ground they just keep running over it for the next whole minute with any move order except hunt ! i tried crawling, walking and running over them all resulting in multiple casualties with one detonation

i remember in CMX1 when you walked carefully, ie slowly or crawled they wouldnt detonate, are they too effective or am i just doin things wrong?
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2011, 10:24 AM,
RE: anti personel mines
My understanding is that you move Egnrs near them. Then you click the "mark mines" command. Once the mines are marked, infantry can move slowly through the minefield without injury.
06-07-2011, 01:25 PM,
Yeah - Nort has it right. Once they're marked, your infantry seems to be able to move or slow move through them. If you try to quick/fast move, they try to avoid the mines, which can lead them to running around them into other mines or whatnot. I don't think there's a way to detect them without running over them and getting someone blown up.
06-07-2011, 06:30 PM,
that makes sense, damn game, always this realism kicking in ;)

06-07-2011, 07:01 PM,
Can't the engineers detect the mines if i use the 'Mark mines' command in a place where i just suspect there might be some?With other words without someone actually stepping in a mine field thus revealing it's position?
Send this user an email
06-08-2011, 01:17 AM,
Test scenario would answer this question.

Possibly a stick topic with test results from test scenarios. Keeping the results in one thread.
06-08-2011, 11:42 AM,
Raz - I believe you can only use 'Mark Mines' on a previously known mine location. But I could be wrong...
06-08-2011, 02:50 PM,
(06-08-2011, 11:42 AM)Splork Wrote: Raz - I believe you can only use 'Mark Mines' on a previously known mine location. But I could be wrong...
I guess-as pawn117 suggested-i'll have to give it a try with a test scenario.The manual isn't exactly clear on this tiny detail.
What's certain is it would be nice to be able to check that vital road for hidden mines before one of the precious Panther gets blown ;)

Send this user an email