• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opinions on CMBN?
06-02-2011, 11:07 AM,
RE: Opinions on CMBN?
Actually I have been playing SF for a long time and before that CMBO from its original release date including CMBB and CMAK. Personally gents we need to embrace the new product. It honestly is the best Battlefront has offered. It has been about 6 years since I played the old series and I am sold. It can only get better and will get better - I am excited about the new modules coming out. I can only hope that Battlefront will do something in the Pacific Theater - could be interesting?
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2011, 01:53 PM,
Very cool program, I do like it!
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
06-04-2011, 02:32 AM,
Reading the other threads about email size problem and such, not sure if I should buy this or not until a bunch of bug fixes come out.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
06-04-2011, 04:04 AM,
(06-04-2011, 02:32 AM)Weasel Wrote: Reading the other threads about email size problem and such, not sure if I should buy this or not until a bunch of bug fixes come out.
I have been using Dropbox, its free and works fine, have run maybe 120 files through it so far... works nice with multiple PBEM's going at one time... see here
Hope this helps...

***** Fredrocker's Combat Mission Site *****"Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care." - Theodore Roosevelt
Send this user an email
06-04-2011, 05:12 AM,
(06-04-2011, 02:32 AM)Weasel Wrote: Reading the other threads about email size problem and such, not sure if I should buy this or not until a bunch of bug fixes come out.

You are shooting yourself in the foot if you decide based on PBEM file sizes. As others have mentioned, Dropbox is one option, I use SendthisFile. I have never had any problem with large size files for PBEM.

Here is the link.

SendthisFile

I might ad it is extremely easy to use. Come join the PBEM party.

06-06-2011, 02:56 PM,
I love this game, its the best thing around at present for this period. Easy to play, good AI, good amount of detail and an appropriate level of control of your troops. Graphically it is very well done too.

I have some issues playing it on my laptop but runs fine on my desktop computer. I loved CMSF too but found it very buggy with memory problems and random crashes.
06-06-2011, 02:59 PM,
The only problems I have had are with corrupt files from my opponent. The problem has seemed to go away after I dropped Internet explorer and installed FireFox. But even this little problem has been worth it. The game is complete emersion and addictive.

06-08-2011, 02:51 AM,
Where to start..

I only bought CMAK (in 2010) after I had played a lot of CMSF - and although I could understand why the first CM games had been so popular I could not get myself to play CMAK - It just looked so damned ugly. Maybe if I had found it 5-6 years ago it might have been different?

CMBfN is a vast improvement on CMSF - there are issues but patches will sort them out. BFC knows that poor support = poor sales.

The game has so far been stable, unlike some problems I had with CMSF.

I regularly had pbem files in CMSF of up to 20mb - which made it a pain to send and receive. I have played large battles in CMBfN and the pbem files have been no larger than 7-9 mb.

Did BFC make a perfect game, of course not. Did they make the best game they could, in my opinion yes. Will the game improve as patches and modules are added - hell yes. I can see that this series will keep me busy for at least the next 10 years, even longer if they decide to add the Italians/French/Romanians/Fins/Hungarians/Indians/South Africans etc.

IMO there is no other game out there that even comes close to what BFC have done with CMBfN and I dont see any other company suddenly making similar games with a similar engine.