• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opinions on CMBN?
05-31-2011, 07:19 AM,
Opinions on CMBN?
So what do you guys think? I was scared away from BN because I heard so many others say it was just SF with lipstick but the same engine. I love CMBO so I was excited when I heard about BN but don't want to drop $$ until I know.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2011, 08:03 AM,
RE: Opinions on CMBN?
(05-31-2011, 07:19 AM)Weasel Wrote: So what do you guys think? I was scared away from BN because I heard so many others say it was just SF with lipstick but the same engine. I love CMBO so I was excited when I heard about BN but don't want to drop $$ until I know.

Download the demo for free. I still have on my hard drive even though I bought the game so if you like we can pbem a demo game for fun if you like. That way you can see if it runs on your system and then you can judge the game for yourself. So far I'm having a ton of fun playing BN and find myself not wanting to start up new games in the X1 games
05-31-2011, 09:19 AM,
Thanks, will do and fire you off an email.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
05-31-2011, 10:23 AM,
I'm happy with what it'll eventually become.

05-31-2011, 01:18 PM,
It's growing on me. The UI is kind of clunky (never played CMSF, so if you did that's probably half the battle), but I like the game. I too am finding it hard to go back to CMx1 after playing CMBN a bit.

It's a little more labor intensive, and the learning curve is steeper than it needed to be, but for all that I like the game (this from someone who came into pretty skeptical).
05-31-2011, 03:23 PM,
Its fun, detailed, and needs more micromanagement. A great game and after playing BN its dificult to go back to CMX1.

Andrés
06-01-2011, 03:23 PM,
(05-31-2011, 03:23 PM)Scrat Wrote: Its fun, detailed, and needs more micromanagement. A great game and after playing BN its dificult to go back to CMX1.

Andrés

Very true, I have the same view. It is a very good detailed game.
06-02-2011, 07:24 AM,
After playing CM:SF for the last couple years, I wasn't sure how the WWII timeframe would work, but I find it to be really engrossing... As the game goes down the road it will become just that much better...

If the UI befuddles you, give it a couple weeks and it becomes old hat... plus the editor, though time consuming, is just awesome
***** Fredrocker's Combat Mission Site *****"Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care." - Theodore Roosevelt
Send this user an email
06-02-2011, 08:34 AM,
I have DL'd the demo but haven't installed yet, things are suddenly busy. Looking forward to trying the demo; the price is a bit steep at $55, but do to piracy I understand why.
06-02-2011, 10:20 AM,
(06-02-2011, 08:34 AM)Weasel Wrote: I have DL'd the demo but haven't installed yet, things are suddenly busy. Looking forward to trying the demo; the price is a bit steep at $55, but do to piracy I understand why.

No worries, I'll be here when you are ready to take her for a test drive.
cheers