• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Pacific PzC Candidates?
05-29-2011, 01:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-30-2011, 03:50 PM by jonnymacbrown.)
RE: Pacific PzC Candidates?
(05-29-2011, 07:26 AM)larsonney Wrote: Hawaiian islands...West coast of US?...

Now we are getting VERY hypothetical Big Grin
How about a special west coast rule? If Japanese troops enter Humboldt or Mendocino counties in California they have to make a 'sensimilla' morale check every morning! Big Grin :smoke:
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2011, 01:59 AM,
And what about Poland in 1939? I think that the scale of the map (Poland) and the time frame (1 month) are good for an independent PzC game.

I have also an other proposition. What about a hypothetical allied vs russia war in 1945. Rests of german army could also be used. I'm sure there is a lot of possible scenarios like american drive to Berlin or fights around Vienna and of course a big campaign around the Elbe river.
It would be great to see a fight between powerfull russian tank armies and american or british troops
05-30-2011, 02:49 AM,
(05-30-2011, 01:59 AM)Arkan Wrote: And what about Poland in 1939? I think that the scale of the map (Poland) and the time frame (1 month) are good for an independent PzC game.

Although it isn't Pacific theatre I would love to play it... Played Fall Weiss in TOAW, but PzC title based on it... one of my dreams... ;)
Also Berlin could be a great idea...
05-30-2011, 04:15 AM,
And what about MC? I'm still waiting to assault Taiwan with the PLA!
05-30-2011, 06:47 AM,
(05-30-2011, 01:59 AM)Arkan Wrote: And what about Poland in 1939? I think that the scale of the map (Poland) and the time frame (1 month) are good for an independent PzC game.

Poland sounds good...except for the lopsidedness of it...maybe if you had alternate Polish deployments in the campaign? :conf:

05-30-2011, 07:21 AM,
Quote:Poland sounds good...except for the lopsidedness of it...maybe if you had alternate Polish deployments in the campaign?

There was an option to make the main defensive line in the Vistula river. This line was much shorter than the frontier line and not flanked by East Prussia.

Most of the scenarios would be defensive scenarios for polish side except maybe the Battle of the Bzura who take place between 9th and 19th september ( a good idea for a small campaign :whis:)
05-30-2011, 09:47 AM,
Defence based on Vistula-Narew line, great from military point of view, was impossible because of political reasons. But as an alternative version, why not?
Other option to alternate campaign is to make German forces and air support getting smaller with time - as a result of more aggressive French action, as it was stated in Bonnet-Lukasiewicz protocole (offensive with a main forces at least in 15th day of war).
05-30-2011, 03:47 PM,
(05-29-2011, 07:26 AM)larsonney Wrote: Hawaiian islands...West coast of US?...

Now we are getting VERY hypothetical Big Grin

More west coast rules for invasion USA: If Japanese troops enter San Francisco they immediately "mellow out" and lose 2 morale steps! jonny Big Grin:smoke: