• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Campaign Demo released
03-02-2011, 06:22 PM,
RE: Panzer Campaign Demo released
(03-02-2011, 12:35 PM)Glenn Saunders Wrote:
(03-02-2011, 10:33 AM)Lien Leposh Wrote: I think there is a small (!) error in the defensive strengths of 3 soviet units.
They have 26 defence, not 16 like their peers.
They are all in 347th Rifle Div, 37th rifle corps, 28th Army
They are
Sapper Battn 347 Rifle Div
2/1179/347 rifle battn
3/1179/347 rifle battn
So my guess is they catch bullets in their teeth and are all 10 feet tall! :-)

Cheers
Neil
2 more...
HQ 33rds Gds Tk Bde
33rd Gds Mot Rifle Bn

Sorry - not seeing this in the OOB file.

Glenn
(03-02-2011, 11:50 AM)Al Wrote: To use one of my kid's favorite phrases "Sad to say" there will likely be a group of negative types who will bitch & moan with every future JTS release. However, despite that the series continues to grow & thrive. Jeez, we're nearing 20 games in PzC alone. So, like Glenn I'll just ignore the bitchers & complainers at wargamer.com and elsewhere & play the games I enjoy.

:soap:

Wise advice Al
(03-02-2011, 10:33 AM)Lien Leposh Wrote: So my guess is they catch bullets in their teeth and are all 10 feet tall! :-)

Ah - or they are in a "Bunker" + 10 to the def value maybe.

See 2/1179/347 in hex 37, 39 in the CG Scn or 15,12 in the Started Scn.

I think you will find the Def values appear to be correct.

Glenn
Aha! Just so. :whis:
I will blame it on being late at night... Cheers. N
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2011, 06:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2011, 06:19 PM by vyshka.)
I find it funny that people are holding up the Matrix DRM scheme as a good example in comparison to Tiller's scheme over there. Neither system is onerous, but with Tiller's you enter a serial number once when you install, while with Matrix you have to enter it every time you patch the game. I know which is more annoying to me. :)

I think creating demos for the different series is a brilliant idea, and hope it is successful for the team. If HPS would hurry up with converting their titles to direct download I would buy up some more. I've already bought Kharkov '43 and SQB: Modern Wars.
03-04-2011, 07:48 AM,
I find it odd, too, how anyone can compare Combat Mission to something like the campaign game of Smolensk '41 - there is no comparison to what the AI does in a limited space as provided by CM as there is on the full Smolensk campaign map.

Now I rather suspect that the AI does work best in more limited situations (yes, I've played the Normandy '44 750 turn game...) and, well, ok -so it has limitations, but I don't understand ( speaking strictly analytically) how some comparisons get made.

I suppose I do actually understand it - but it isn't actually the "analytical comparison" as it is painted to be.

___

I don't believe the "DRM complaining" are actually guys that are involved in the discussion to do anything but try anything at all to slam a competing company (competing to what, they don't actually have the testicular fortitude to divulge). It doesn't have anything to do with the gaming/military history hobby as a whole (despite some of them seeming to claim that as their motivation).

___

What I don't understand is - if something isn't one's cup of tea, then why exactly worry about it?

For example: I like ice hockey... I don't care for soccer (no judgments... it just doesn't work for me), therefore I only worry about hockey.

I can't be that different, to handle things that way I don't think. So what is the deal? Big Grin (Rhetorical question).
Bydand
Send this user an email
03-04-2011, 07:58 AM,
Basically, what it comes down to is that some people just like to :stir: the pot to see what kind of reaction they can get.
03-04-2011, 08:48 AM,
(03-04-2011, 07:58 AM)Checkmate King 2 Wrote: Basically, what it comes down to is that some people just like to :stir: the pot to see what kind of reaction they can get.

....and the people here are so's to speak, interested in tasting what is in the pot while many of those other guys are only interested if the can P!ss in the pot. Big Grin

Anyway - as a number of guys here already know - we pay more heed to the folks here as the represent our virtual community.

Glenn
Send this user an email
03-09-2011, 07:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-09-2011, 07:52 PM by Bison.)
Not that my opinion matters to anyone here, but I wonder at the wisdom of this sort of discussion about potentially past, current or future customers and club members. It seems to be bad form for both the fan base and developers alike.

Anyway. Thanks for the demo. I really appreciate it.