• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Campaign Demo released
02-26-2011, 04:31 AM,
Panzer Campaign Demo released
Hey Guys;

See this:
http://www.johntillersoftware.com/

The demo has a Started Scn and PDF to teach new players the ropes.
Then it has a small campaign with a Player Guide to help teach players the finer points.

We use the analogy that the Started PDF is like the discription of the controls in an aircraft. And the Player Guide is a "How do I fly"

The demo contains all the Editors and functions of any normal PzC title and in fact there are additional units in the OOB which were nearby or on the map edges. A second campiagn has a stonger defender with the arrival of the SS Panzer Corps stepped up a few days earlier than was historically the case.

The designer Notes of the demo is a discription of the battle which is not a really well known or easily reference fight on the East Front.

Anyway - folks enjoy.

Glenn
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2011, 04:40 AM,
RE: Panzer Campaign Demo released
Cool!
02-26-2011, 05:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-26-2011, 05:20 AM by Compass Rose.)
Glen,

You guys came up with a super great idea of having a small campaign with a Player Guide to teach new players the ropes and the finer points.

I can't wait to get my demo installed so I can check everything out.

Thanks A Bunch! :bow:
02-26-2011, 05:26 AM,
(02-26-2011, 05:19 AM)Checkmate King 2 Wrote: You guys came up with a super great idea of having a small campaign with a Player Guide to teach new players the ropes and the finer points.
Fiery

The player guide was John Tillers idea after I shared with him some playtest Feedback by Bob Barkers. John then asked Bob to put this together.

Bob has included an email address for any feedback you may wish to share with him - the address is in the Guide.

And the Player Guide can be accessed from the Game HELP Menu so you don't have to huint around fpor the PDF file and open it that way.

There is also links to the guide in the Started.PDF as well as the Notes.PDF (I think)

Glenn
Send this user an email
02-26-2011, 05:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-26-2011, 05:41 AM by Compass Rose.)
OK, sounds great. Thanks for the extra info.

Since putting out a Demo, is a JT first, what can we expect as for a time frame to when this new title might be released? 1 month, 3 months, 6 months?

Thanks
02-26-2011, 06:23 AM,
(02-26-2011, 05:41 AM)Checkmate King 2 Wrote: OK, sounds great. Thanks for the extra info.

Since putting out a Demo, is a JT first, what can we expect as for a time frame to when this new title might be released? 1 month, 3 months, 6 months?

Thanks

I think I heard it will be sometime in the 21st century. Big Grin
02-26-2011, 07:02 AM,
Glenn can confirm, but I don't think this is a demo of a bigger release - in other words, this IS the Mius game, as a demo/learning tool for the entire Panzer Campaigns system.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
02-26-2011, 07:15 AM,
Thanks alot guys!

Must say I like very much the new direction JT Software have taken.
02-26-2011, 07:49 AM,
(02-26-2011, 07:02 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Glenn can confirm, but I don't think this is a demo of a bigger release - in other words, this IS the Mius game, as a demo/learning tool for the entire Panzer Campaigns system.

Rick

Thanks for clarifying it.

It sure is a very impressive idea!
02-26-2011, 07:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-26-2011, 07:59 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
(02-26-2011, 05:41 AM)Checkmate King 2 Wrote: OK, sounds great. Thanks for the extra info.

Thanks

You can expect to be contacted with any new announcements if you setup an account and ask to be sent email notices of new releases.

Glenn
(02-26-2011, 07:02 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Glenn can confirm, but I don't think this is a demo of a bigger release - in other words, this IS the Mius game, as a demo/learning tool for the entire Panzer Campaigns system.

Exactly

MIUS is the Panzer Campaigns DEMO
There are no plans for a MIUS GAME
Nor is the plans for more Panzer Campaign Demo.

Other Demos for other Series' are possibly at this time, this is an experiment to see if a demo has any impact on increased interest in the series.

Put another way - guys - enjoy this freebee. But the idea is more for you to get your freinds to try the series, maybe even play with you by email. And if they like it buy a full title here or there and support the series.

Glenn
Send this user an email