• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Operation Overlord
05-16-2011, 11:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2011, 11:29 PM by falco.)
RE: Operation Overlord
(05-16-2011, 06:16 AM)Von Earlmann Wrote: June 6,1944 1000 hours report:

Allied troops are ashore in all three sectors. There are reports of heavy fighting and stiff German resistance however the Allies are slowly moving inland. Of more importance and concern are the reports that Germans are inficting casualties on the Allies at a rate of 2.5/1. Ike is concerned about wether the Allies can sustain such losses even with their superiority in equipment and men.

There are no reports of any Panzer Divisions as of this time.........can the Feuhrer still be sleeping?

Doesnt sound too good fer the Allies at this stage but I'm guessing it could be historically accurate for this stage of the battle. Certainly been some heavy losses at one or two points on my landing areas (Brits). Incidentally, are the points displayed in the victory dialogue box for the whole battle or just for each sector Von Earlmann?

To answer your later question.....Yes, I reckon hes still in the land of slumber!

Sure would be good to hear from one or two others currently playing this (especially the situation further down the coast where my gallant allies (Canucks & the Yanks) are landing!
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2011, 12:12 AM,
[/quote]

Incidentally, are the points displayed in the victory dialogue box for the whole battle or just for each sector Von Earlmann?

[/quote]

The points displayed are for each sector only. At the end of the day however everything will be tallied up and a victory level will be reported on the Blitz using the linked campaign to report.

Scenarios remaining are 1000-1400 hours; 1400-1800 hours; and 1800-2400 hours.......all three sectors have just started 1000-1400 hours 6 June,1944........

All sectors have played about 24 turns except Omaha because no paras landed there
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
05-17-2011, 12:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-17-2011, 12:21 AM by falco.)
The points displayed are for each sector only. At the end of the day however everything will be tallied up and a victory level will be reported on the Blitz using the linked campaign to report.

Scenarios remaining are 1000-1400 hours; 1400-1800 hours; and 1800-2400 hours.......all three sectors have just started 1000-1400 hours 6 June,1944........

All sectors have played about 24 turns except Omaha because no paras landed there

Dang.....thats what I feared! The Krauts have certainly amassed a pretty good points tally in my sector....lol.

Roughly how many turns left in total Von Earlmann?
05-17-2011, 12:30 AM,
(05-17-2011, 12:19 AM)falco Wrote: Roughly how many turns left in total Von Earlmann?

There will be 30 more turns for the remaining 3 scenarios.....10 turns each.
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
05-17-2011, 12:35 AM,
(05-17-2011, 12:30 AM)Von Earlmann Wrote:
(05-17-2011, 12:19 AM)falco Wrote: Roughly how many turns left in total Von Earlmann?

There will be 30 more turns for the remaining 3 scenarios.....10 turns each.

Thanks fer that Von Earlmann. I guess I better dedicate the rest of my time to trying to turn this thing around (in my sector anyway) before Hitler wakes up!...;-)
05-17-2011, 11:59 AM,
Omaha update !!! 1st round I took a pretty good beating, this phase I'm at a draw early and some easy pts??? seem to be waiting for me. The krauts are suffering more loses in this phase than the Allied !!! I hope a sign of things to come for the Allied troops.
06-05-2011, 08:52 PM,

Utah Sector

The German defenders are inflicting losses on my troops as well.Its slow going so far.German counter attack has captured one the the bridges I was holding.US troops still trying to capture all of the beach area.

Work has been very busy but I'm back in my HQ now.Will be continuing my advance today.

Dragoon
10-09-2011, 08:56 AM,
This campaign has been cancelled due to poor turn rate..........maybe another time or another campaign who knows?

VE
10-11-2011, 12:32 AM,
Hi Earl, I just got notice of your post via my e-mail account. I apologise if I am the one responsible for all the delays lately. Its just that I've spent the last six weeks touring around Australia and New Zealand and its been very difficult there to returns turns there because I was moving around a lot (not to mention the pitifully slow internet they seem to have there in most places). Before that I was three weeks in the DPRK & China and it was for intents and purposes it was impossible to do much on computers there at all. I actually just got back to the ROK today and am ready to get back to enjoying my favourite hobby - PC gaming with superfast internet speed. I feel sad that we only got through abpout 2/3rds of this Overlord thing and then it had to be abandoned. I would gladly continue if it was at all possible because I'm now able to return files at least every 2nd or 3rd day.
Once again my most profound apologies to all those playing this if I was indeed the one causing all the delays.