• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Overlord
01-27-2011, 02:08 AM,
RE: Overlord
Facinating to read all the comments on this topic.

K K Rossokolski wrote;
"Personally, I believe a scenario this long is pointless . At 3 tpw, it would only take
7.6923 years ....7y 8m 10d.Or thereabouts
."

Jeez....I never actually sat down and worked out how long it was gonna actually take.
But your absolutely right, it would take over seven years(!) at the rate you quote. In
my mind I wasthinking a couple of years maybe. Matter of fact a few years ago I did
play a campaign battle of Combat Mission against an old opponent that eventually
ran into over two years. Was
highly enjoyable but I think at the time my opponent & myself were bashing out at
least 4-5 tpw. With the sheer number of units in this scenario, I think most people
would find it impossible to get more than a couple of turns out per week.

Von Earlman wrote;
"........wether or not the Axis can mount a counter strike effective enough to take them
back and turn the victory count the other way is the question. Problem is most of them
are low value and retaking them would probably cost more in vps than they are worth
."

This was my main concern when I wrote my initial post. It wasnt so much that my
opponent had a huge lead early on but whether the Axis would have the opportunity
to gain back the lost points later on in counter-attacks. I didnt really feel like playing
for another two or three years to find out!

Von Manstein wrote;
"I think that on beach shouldn't be any VP. Main targets for allied forces were Caen,
Bayeux, Carentan and Ouistreham

Absolutely. Though I'm not so sure about the other two, Caen and Carentan were
the two big prizes that the Allies sought. It seems weird that the creator of the
scenario would assign so many VPs to so many beach hexes.

- falco.
Quote this message in a reply