• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Overlord
01-15-2011, 01:47 AM,
RE: Overlord
I wouldn't mind having a look at this Hawk. My email is [email protected].
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2011, 04:01 AM,
Thanks for the files. This looks VERY nice!!!:bow:
01-15-2011, 06:30 AM,
(01-13-2011, 06:24 PM)Larry Reese Wrote: WTF???!!!! Be right back.

LR
Are you talking about "Operation Overlord" by Cox (I think)? If so, where did you get a copy. I don't see it available for download in the scenario section. 1200 turns - holy cow. Reminds me of that scenario someone was building like 10 years ago or so that was supposed to make the entire Eastern Front. Was that ever finished???

LR

Surely the map editor limitation of 400 hex width would preclude that idea.
01-15-2011, 10:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2011, 10:05 PM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
Hello All,

The second round of requests has been responded to!

Enjoy.

Thanx!

Hawk
01-16-2011, 04:49 AM,
Thank you Hawk......got your e-mail today. Will reply ASAP.

So, is there anybody out there who may have played this before, who can maybe shed some light on my predicament?
01-16-2011, 09:18 AM,
Can you send me the files Hawk?.................perhaps there is a campaign possible here?

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
01-16-2011, 09:53 AM,
Files sent
01-16-2011, 02:15 PM,
A couple of quick observations from a couple of turns I looked at. The American deployment of Airborne divisions is perfect, not a single unit lost to water. The units are in close proxsimaty to the VP hexes. They're not scattered all over the country side.so they will be fighting as a big unit early in the game, That might help get a huge lead early.

Chuck
01-16-2011, 07:41 PM,
No way in hell this scenario would still be "outcome in doubt" at 1200 turns.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
01-17-2011, 03:18 AM,
Thanks for the comments so far guys. That was my conclusion too (that the scenario was weighted overwhelmingly in favor of the Allies - at least in the beginning). Would've been interesting to get some comments from someone whos actually played it right through though. Maybe there just aint anyone out there!...lol. I think I'm going to ask my opponent for an annulment. Cant see any point in continuing a battle thats practically decided before u start.