• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll on which HPS Panzer Campaigns game to patch next
12-23-2010, 12:21 AM,
RE: Poll on which HPS Panzer Campaigns game to patch next
(12-23-2010, 12:05 AM)Ricky B Wrote: I too would suggest Bulge next, or Normandy, but am happy with any of them as they are all playable as they are.

Rick

I agree. The patches are like another shot of whipped cream on the sundae, it just make a good thing even better!
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2010, 02:17 AM,
I trust John Tiller and Glenn Saunders to patch the games as they always have and on their schedule. Just seems as there are a few people just trying to :stir:, imho.
12-23-2010, 02:51 AM,
(12-23-2010, 02:17 AM)Deturk Wrote: I trust John Tiller and Glenn Saunders to patch the games as they always have and on their schedule. Just seems as there are a few people just trying to :stir:, imho.

How true that is.
12-23-2010, 06:43 AM,
A question: Is it possible to make some kind of 'universal patch' for all PzC and then in the installer you decide from a deployable list which one you want to patch?
12-23-2010, 08:38 AM,
P.Ako,

I prefer the term update as there is rarely a patch issued implying a broken function as the term patch implies. Patches to correct a problem discovered by owners of the series are promptly dealt with in all the nine years I have observed with the PzC & MC series.

You may have failed to understand in reading of Glenn's posts on this subject that each update is made to solve specific issues or add specific functionality to each game title.

After the update is created it is rigorously tested to make sure all the new functions work, problems are solved and so forth.

Updates detract from ongoing projects to create new titles as resources to do both are limited. Patches are a complimentary service. They produce no revenue.

Is there anything in my post here that is still not clear for you, do not hesitate to contact me.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
12-24-2010, 04:30 AM,
(12-23-2010, 08:38 AM)Dog Soldier Wrote: P.Ako,

I prefer the term update as there is rarely a patch issued implying a broken function as the term patch implies. Patches to correct a problem discovered by owners of the series are promptly dealt with in all the nine years I have observed with the PzC & MC series.

You may have failed to understand in reading of Glenn's posts on this subject that each update is made to solve specific issues or add specific functionality to each game title.

After the update is created it is rigorously tested to make sure all the new functions work, problems are solved and so forth.

Updates detract from ongoing projects to create new titles as resources to do both are limited. Patches are a complimentary service. They produce no revenue.

Is there anything in my post here that is still not clear for you, do not hesitate to contact me.

Dog Soldier

Hey thanks for the explanation, but i was only sharing a thougth about an idea i had.
12-29-2010, 12:12 AM,
(12-24-2010, 04:30 AM)P.Ako Wrote:
(12-23-2010, 08:38 AM)Dog Soldier Wrote: P.Ako,

Dog Soldier

Hey thanks for the explanation, but i was only sharing a thougth about an idea i had.

I would vote update the oldest and work from there as time allows

Cav