• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll on which HPS Panzer Campaigns game to patch next
12-22-2010, 02:29 AM,
Poll on which HPS Panzer Campaigns game to patch next
I've posted a poll over at the Wargamer that lists all of the HPS Panzer Campaigns games and the dates on which they were last patched.

The idea is to vote for the one you'd like to see patched next.

I couldn't post the poll here because the forum software only allows ten choices, and there are more than ten Panzer Campaigns games.

To vote in the poll, follow this link (only one vote per customer):

http://www.wargamer.com/forums/tm.aspx?h...08&mpage=1#
History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2010, 03:36 AM,
RE: Poll on which HPS Panzer Campaigns game to patch next
Although it's probably one of the least popular of the PzC titles I'd like to see Tobruk '41 patched in the near future. I have to say that I'll be sorry to see the intro movie overwritten (or whatever happens to it) when that happens.Cry T '41 has the best intro movie of all the PzC games that I have. It always puts me in the right mood every time I fire up the game.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
12-22-2010, 04:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-22-2010, 04:27 AM by Philippe.)
As a reminder, if you want to see a game patched, you really should follow the link at the end of the first post and vote for it.
12-22-2010, 05:26 AM,
I imagine from Glenn's comments that he will pick up the request from here also Philippe - your wonderfully worded comments on your poll not withstanding, I agree the poll is good but it does require an account to vote - I tried without and it only showed the results - or maybe that was due to using the link? Anyway, when I logged in I was able to go to the thread and vote whereas I couldn't just following your link.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
12-22-2010, 05:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-22-2010, 05:59 AM by Philippe.)
When I set up the poll at the Wargamer there was a note about checking a box if you wanted visitors as opposed to members to be able to vote in the poll, and being a naive and trusting sort I checked it, thinking that that would have the desired effect.

I was wrong.

Polls aren't really my thing, and I'm only just learning the finer points. Hopefully I will never have to master them.

The bad news is that you will apparently have to sign in and fight your way past the anti-bot defense in order to vote. My only advise is to type in the magic code quickly and in lower case, and don't think about it. Apart from that, registering and signing in at The Wargamer is not as demanding as learning how to play Panzer Campaigns.

As for using the poll, I'm sure Glenn will follow his own lights as usual, but at least there will be a record of what everyone else who bothers to answer actually wants. I wouldn't be surprised if most people who play these games never go online, and of those who do, most probably never post. Silent majorities can always be invoked to defend any position.
12-22-2010, 07:42 AM,
(12-22-2010, 05:58 AM)Philippe Wrote: ...I'm sure Glenn will follow his own lights as usual, ...

...and yet over on Wargamer I thought for sure you were suggesting the there was no intention to Patch the games, although I have no idea where you got that out of what I said on this forum. Maybe I am not the "appartchnicks in the John Tiller nomenclatra" who "speaks with great infulence if not authoriry."

You crack me up somedays Philippe!

Merry Christmas

Glenn
Send this user an email
12-22-2010, 08:56 AM,
That's correct, Glenn. I do recall that you never said the games would not all be patched. As you well know, you only made the point that they wouldn't all be patched at once.

On the positive side, "appartchnik" might not be such a complimentary term, but "nomenklatura" could be considered a promotion.

Merry Christmas to all!
12-22-2010, 03:47 PM,
Well, I don't care to register on another forum just now, but know that Glenn and others to monitor what is said here. So I'll just make my request here and now: Please patch up Smolensk next. It's the first of them all, is a great title, with great flexibility and re-playability. It is, as far as I'm concerned, the flag ship of the series.
12-22-2010, 09:22 PM,
'tis the season...I vote for Bulge '44
12-23-2010, 12:05 AM,
I too would suggest Bulge next, or Normandy, but am happy with any of them as they are all playable as they are.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]