• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Gary Grigsby's War in the East hosted at the Blitz?
01-08-2011, 06:07 AM,
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East hosted at the Blitz?
Ive been messing around with this for a few weeks....Its big and takes hours to do a turn..
You see its IGOuGo but its cascading/exponential because you can have units with 20-50 movement points. Hasty attacks only cost 3 points for moto units. So you can move 5 hexes, attack, move 1 attack-etc until all your mps are expended. Now they are reduced the further you move over the turns due to fuel supply. Infantry pay 1 to hasty and have movements of about 10 hexes a turn. Deliberate attacks (assaults are more expensive-16 mps for a moto unit) SO this is serious IGOUGO, especially if you talking over 100 divisions. Im still not sure when Im gonna do a pbem. There are issues with the axis and now everyone is saying dont play with random weather, because if there is a rare mud in the summer 41 or 42 it will ruin an entire campaign game :-) which kinda su#ks.
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2011, 11:12 PM,
(01-08-2011, 06:07 AM)raizer Wrote: There are issues with the axis and now everyone is saying dont play with random weather, because if there is a rare mud in the summer 41 or 42 it will ruin an entire campaign game :-) which kinda su#ks.

I do not think it ruins anything as the unpredictability makes it very interesting. The final kinks are being worked out - it is amazing to see how responsive the team of programmers/coders are.

Like any other games including the PzC, once they get out into hundres of players hands then things are bound to show up that 1/2 dozen testes might not have noticed. The only game I bought which really smelled of caca in terms of not functioning as described in the manual was Schwerpunt's east front fiasco - those testers must have been in a parallel world; it had ore bugs than the Prypriat Marshes :rolleyes:
01-09-2011, 09:23 AM,
Downloaded the game today, putzing around with now, it take some time to learn but it looks like a keeper cheers
01-21-2011, 10:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-22-2011, 01:00 AM by typhoon.)
Anybody interested in giving this a go PBEM. I would like to play as German.Although willing to try as Russian if that makes it any easier to find an opponent. Looking at the game very much as a learning experience before the a.i can teach me too many bad habbits. Drop me a line if interested
01-22-2011, 01:35 AM,
what size game you looking at?
01-22-2011, 01:39 AM,
Oh nuts. Sorry I[/i] never made this clear after the Grand Campaign the whole shooting match.
01-22-2011, 01:53 AM,
i cant do that got too many in here in the hopper for the GC but I bet I know someone who can-marquo has been itching for a game
01-22-2011, 03:06 AM,
Lets hope that Marquo bites then. Although perhaps i shouldn't played him here many times and yet to win one. I think the best I've managed might have been a draw but even that could be wishfull thinking
01-22-2011, 08:46 AM,
(01-22-2011, 03:06 AM)typhoon Wrote: Lets hope that Marquo bites then. Although perhaps i shouldn't played him here many times and yet to win one. I think the best I've managed might have been a draw but even that could be wishfull thinking

If you haven't found an opponent yet I'd be willing to try a small game, it would be my first PBEM with WIE
01-22-2011, 02:07 PM,
Kevin/Typhoon - You have mail :)

Mark