• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Gary Grigsby's War in the East hosted at the Blitz?
12-12-2010, 11:49 PM,
Gary Grigsby's War in the East hosted at the Blitz?
Guys,
The club is always willing to host new games making the site a "one stop shop" for all your gaming hobby needs, however we have had our fingers burnt over the last couple of years with a lot of enthusiasm for games that just wanes over time and just does not last the distance (unlike PzC) making the work needed to incorporate the game into the club structure effectively wasted. :(

So can anyone interested in having this game hosted at the club post on this thread so we can see how much interest there really is, if there is a good response i will gladly bring the matter up at the officers barracks for discussion. ;)

One other important point is that for this to be accepted we would need someone with a copy of the game to be willing to do some legwork providing information about all aspects of the game and even uploading the scenarios details to the DB, in the past finding someone willing to give up their spare time has been an issue as well. :chin:
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2010, 07:41 AM,
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East hosted at the Blitz?
One part of the jigsaw is in place, we have a member who is prepared to do the admin for this game. Big Grin

One vote so far......
12-13-2010, 08:47 AM,
I give my vote for including this great game!
12-13-2010, 12:08 PM,
Still learning the ropes on this one but it definitely looks like a keeper to me, I'm for it.
12-14-2010, 12:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-14-2010, 12:33 AM by raizer.)
Im in as well-I have the game but probably wont be ready to play PBEM for another few weeks. One good thing about the game is that you can play your turns on that server of theirs over at slytherine...no emails, no zipping-you just check in every once in a while and see if your opponent has finished his turn-if he has, the move will be in your multiplayer in box (and you can save games in progress). So I do like that. The game is a monster thou and like I said-Im gonna need a few weeks to digest all this micromanaging
It looks pretty, has a ton of stuff and looks playable if you have a decent system. But will it be as fun as dodging and hiding behind trees in F40? Not sure about that.
12-14-2010, 03:17 AM,
I vote for it
12-14-2010, 06:38 AM,
Aye!-Aye! because "Aye!" is rejected as "too short to post."
12-14-2010, 07:53 AM,
I will leave this thread running over the holidays to give everyone a chance to express an interest.

Only at the point i an satisfied enough Blitz members are playing this will i move it on to the second stage, i hope you understand that because we run this site in our spare time we have to prioritise which new projects we take on. ;)
12-15-2010, 03:00 AM,
Yes please !!

Cav
12-15-2010, 04:03 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East hosted at the Blitz?
I have not the game, but it seems a very interesting game IMO.
It seems that it's a similar game scale than Total War in Europe serie (divisions, regiments, brigades), and... why not to include it? The fortunate ones having this new game will find opponents for their PBEM games here... and if we are lucky enough maybe someone will post an AAR, or his feelings with this new game, etc

cheers