• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Gary Grigsby's War in the East hosted at the Blitz?
12-15-2010, 12:39 PM,
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East hosted at the Blitz?
I'm in.
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2010, 12:50 AM,
I think WITE is an important game to our community and should be covered fully and hosted here.
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. Winston Churchill
12-18-2010, 01:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-18-2010, 01:11 AM by Ricky B.)
Definitely an important game, The Snafu! The key is that we have enough members that want to play it and support it to make a separate ladder for it, or whatever is necessary. So speak up if you have it too, there is no use in wanting it supported if you don't have it, thanks!

By the way Foul, I picked it up myself, using a gift for Chistmas, so count me in, if I have time to play it HTH. It reminds me of Total War in Europe in quite a few ways, but with some added depth in some areas, definitely a different presentation, and at least in June 1941 a much easier time attacking successfully than in France from the First Blitzkrieg - I will be interested in the results of playing say the 1943 campaign or Kursk to see how that plays out for ease of attacking.

As this game is a spritual successor to War in Russia and has some similarities, it may be useful to check the Classic Wargames players to see who there is interested, if it isn't happening already - I will look there and maybe make a post.

And I have an idea for a mod scenario for it - I did a "Great Patriotic War" scenario for War in Russia which was a Soviet attack on the Germans in 1942 as some (wild to me) theories suggest was in the works, assuming the Germans weren't attacking themselves. Might have to copy that over to the new game - I think it started in 1942 instead of 1941 to avoid the major first months effects on the Soviets that were built into War in Russia, and this one also, I believe.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
12-18-2010, 05:03 AM,
Not sure if I have the time for a PBEM but just in case. Looks awesome and very worthy of some serious attention.
12-18-2010, 07:23 AM,
Thanks everybody, i think it makes sense to keep this thread running until the new year and see where we stand. :)
12-18-2010, 12:27 PM,
My copy should be on it's way to my rusty ole mailbox. Given the size of it I plan to learn vs the AI over the holidays and then dive into PBEM.
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. Winston Churchill
12-19-2010, 03:38 AM,
I'm in.
12-19-2010, 05:28 AM,
I'd be a participant if it was[/align] included
12-19-2010, 07:17 AM,
I am also in.
12-19-2010, 08:47 PM,
I'll support and play WitE.

WitE and War in Russia are totally different games.