• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Campaigns Movement sounds patch released
12-10-2010, 07:21 AM,
RE: Panzer Campaigns Movement sounds patch released
That's the funny part, i have the sounds into the media folder (without subfolders), the latest patch installed (the one posted in another thread recently), both background sounds plus sound effects activated from the settings menu and i just keep hearing the battle sounds and the firing sounds but no movement sounds (unless the troops are ultra silent ;-) )
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2010, 07:31 AM,
(12-10-2010, 07:21 AM)P.Ako Wrote: That's the funny part, i have the sounds into the media folder (without subfolders), the latest patch installed (the one posted in another thread recently), both background sounds plus sound effects activated from the settings menu and i just keep hearing the battle sounds and the firing sounds but no movement sounds (unless the troops are ultra silent ;-) )

I can't explain that - sorry

You can turn off the background sound if you like that isn't a factor in this.

Check the ver# of the game and make sure that has been upgraded correctly - you should see ver 1.02

With that verison and with the sounds files in the folder
AND
under Settings there is a Check box beside Sound Effects,
....you should have it.

Check Ver, make sure the files are in place and teh settingis ON and it will work or it does on the pc's I am working on
Send this user an email
12-10-2010, 07:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-10-2010, 07:35 AM by Philippe.)
(12-10-2010, 07:09 AM)trauth116 Wrote:
(12-10-2010, 06:22 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote:
(12-10-2010, 06:09 AM)Philippe Wrote: Movement sounds tend to work in all the games regardless of patch. They just don't work as well as they should.

The sound is SUPPORTED by Kh43 and now B45. So if you are in another game where you have placed these files or other files that don't belong from other series ect - that are not supported by that game versions than your mileage my vary.

Glenn

The difference being here, as Glenn pointed out, this isn't a "sound mod", this one was done by the Panzer Campaigns developers.

With my understanding of the IT processes involved, it would have to be based upon newer programming code from the Budapest 45 patch (and all others when those titles are upgraded to the Kharkov 43 standard PzC engine) calling these specific files (which is why the latest patch for Budapest 45 itself (on the HPS site) comes in to play.

Fwiw: I based my language on posts upon what I was told when given the patch.

There was never any question of it being a sound mod -- not sure I understand why that is being brought up.

These files seem to be renamed sound files from the Total War and Squad Battles series. The only thing that's really changed is that the new game code has been adjusted so that it can digest them a little better -- and it doesn't go crazy when it encounters the go on foot command.

None of this is really relevant. It's much more important to solve Ako's problem.
History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.
12-10-2010, 09:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-10-2010, 10:16 AM by Volcano Man.)
FWIW, many of the other PzC titles already support these sounds -- I have been using these sounds for over two years already (during F14 development, when a certain someone edited them). ;)

Of course, only certain PzCs are able to use them at the moment, and some cannot, it depends on what version it is. Basically, anything updated since 2008 can use these sounds (which is about 9+ titles), just put the movement sounds in the media folder of those games. For the dates on when they were updated, see the HPS site or experiment. Keep in mind however, that some improvements/tweaks might have been made since then if there turns out to be a problem with the play back in the 2008-2009 updates, so don't cry if something doesn't sound perfectly right in those older versions (but you can, of course, blame me).

I only mention this in case someone likes them so much that they want them in the other games NOW. Otherwise, wait for the official updates for those games in the future, I'm just trying to help...
Send this user an email
12-10-2010, 10:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-10-2010, 10:53 AM by -72-.)
Thx for the addl info Ed. I don't even use the sound files.

--> Aside from all that, I set up a subdomain name for the HPS folder -so that if one is so inclined they can also access the file at:

http://hps.hist-sdc.com/PzC_Movement.zip
Bydand
Send this user an email
12-10-2010, 05:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-10-2010, 05:50 PM by P.Ako.)
Lol! i've solved it. It was all my fault, i'm a bit absentminded and downloaded stalingrad 1.02 instead of Budapest 1.02! That's why in the scenario dialogue a lot of scenarios didn't work!!

EDIT: BTW, these doesn't work with sealion yet, does them?
12-10-2010, 08:12 PM,
(12-10-2010, 05:40 PM)P.Ako Wrote: EDIT: BTW, these doesn't work with sealion yet, does them?

Just put them in Sealion and find out for yourself.
Send this user an email
12-10-2010, 09:53 PM,
(12-10-2010, 08:12 PM)Volcano Man Wrote:
(12-10-2010, 05:40 PM)P.Ako Wrote: EDIT: BTW, these doesn't work with sealion yet, does them?

Yep, they work.
12-11-2010, 07:40 AM,
(12-10-2010, 09:53 PM)P.Ako Wrote:
(12-10-2010, 08:12 PM)Volcano Man Wrote:

Yep, they work.

And there is a Sealion Patch in the works now - shouldn't be too much longer before we release it to HPS - then a couple days and you can have any program enhances we have made since that title was released.

Glenn
Send this user an email