• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Panzer Campaigns Movement sounds patch released
12-09-2010, 07:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-09-2010, 10:46 AM by -72-.)
Panzer Campaigns Movement sounds patch released
This one is from Glenn and his development crew.

Available at www.hist-sdc.com/hps/PzC_Movement.zip

Will copy and paste from the download blog.
---

File size: Approx 22 mb

Created and provided by the Panzer Campaigns development team headed by Glenn Saunders.

This supplies the new movement sound files being used in Kharkov '43 to the rest of the Panzer Campaigns series' titles as they are patched to the Kharkov '43 version of the series engine.

This is a simple zip file. Once downloaded, needs to be extracted to the Media folder of the title you are going to patch. Currently this will only work with the latest Budapest '45 patch (v. 1.02) that was released 7th December 2010 on the HPS site.

Important: This patch will work with all of the Panzer Campaigns titles, however *only* with official patches dated **7th December 2010 and later. Those will be found on the HPS Sims site.
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2010, 08:01 AM,
RE: Panzer Campaigns Movement sounds patch released
Ok, sounds good! Thanks for the info and the link!
12-09-2010, 09:57 AM,
I just installed and tried the new movement sounds. Just absolutely beautiful! Well done people! Will the battle sounds be improved as well? Machine guns, rifle fire?
12-09-2010, 10:58 AM,
Great addition.. thanks!
12-10-2010, 04:39 AM,
Very :cool: addition. Thanks for providing it...
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
12-10-2010, 05:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-10-2010, 05:46 AM by P.Ako.)
In what folder do i need to unpack these sounds? I've unpacked them into budapest/media but i can't hear nothing!
12-10-2010, 05:50 AM,
(12-10-2010, 05:45 AM)P.Ako Wrote: In what folder do i need to unpack these sounds? I've unpacked them into budapest/media but i can't hear nothing!

The disclaimer is -I don't use sounds, so I'm only going by on Glenn's instructions. One of the first questions that you'd be asked, is to make sure you are running the latest patch. I assume you probably are, but if you could double check that much, I'll see if I can get some one from the team to take it from there.
Bydand
Send this user an email
12-10-2010, 06:09 AM,
Movement sounds tend to work in all the games regardless of patch. They just don't work as well as they should.

The program can only read files that are inside the Media folder. If Volcano Man's sound files are already in a folder (as opposed to rattling around loose) the program won't know to look inside of it. So make sure there are no extra folders with files inside of them inside the Media folder.

If that doesn't clear up the problem, a reinstallation might be in order.
History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.
12-10-2010, 06:22 AM,
(12-10-2010, 06:09 AM)Philippe Wrote: Movement sounds tend to work in all the games regardless of patch. They just don't work as well as they should.

The sound is SUPPORTED by Kh45 and now B45. So if you are in another game where you have placed these files or other files that don't belong from other series ect - that are not supported by that game versions than your mileage my vary.

Glenn
Send this user an email
12-10-2010, 07:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-10-2010, 07:13 AM by -72-.)
(12-10-2010, 06:22 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote:
(12-10-2010, 06:09 AM)Philippe Wrote: Movement sounds tend to work in all the games regardless of patch. They just don't work as well as they should.

The sound is SUPPORTED by Kh43 and now B45. So if you are in another game where you have placed these files or other files that don't belong from other series ect - that are not supported by that game versions than your mileage my vary.

Glenn

The difference being here, as Glenn pointed out, this isn't a "sound mod", this one was done by the Panzer Campaigns developers.

With my understanding of the IT processes involved, it would have to be based upon newer programming code from the Budapest 45 patch (and all others when those titles are upgraded to the Kharkov 43 standard PzC engine) calling these specific files (which is why the latest patch for Budapest 45 itself (on the HPS site) comes in to play.

Fwiw: I based my language on posts upon what I was told when given the patch.
Bydand
Send this user an email