• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Budapest patch released
12-09-2010, 08:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-09-2010, 08:45 AM by junk2drive.)
RE: Budapest patch released
(12-09-2010, 07:13 AM)Gasbag Wrote:
(12-09-2010, 07:05 AM)Philippe Wrote: Happiest day of my life was when I tore AOL out of my computer ten years ago.

I've only kept it this long because of the price: 20 bucks a month for unlimited time. For Christmas I'm looking at giving myself an HDTV. I'll need a HD digital cable box so I'll be calling my cable company to order one & I'll see how much the internet bundles are. If they're within my budget it'll be :censored: off AOL!!!

I can't tell where you are located but for comparison, I'm in rural Arizona. I went in to my cable company to pay my bill and they offered me a HD DVR box for $10 less a month for a year. I pay ~$120 with taxes for cable, extra channels, phone with unltd long distance, 5m internet.

Forgot to add we have a BYO plan with AOL for 11.99 a month but we really don't use AOL anymore so it's a waste of money.
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2010, 04:31 AM,
(12-09-2010, 08:43 AM)junk2drive Wrote:
(12-09-2010, 07:13 AM)Gasbag Wrote:
(12-09-2010, 07:05 AM)Philippe Wrote: Happiest day of my life was when I tore AOL out of my computer ten years ago.

I've only kept it this long because of the price: 20 bucks a month for unlimited time. For Christmas I'm looking at giving myself an HDTV. I'll need a HD digital cable box so I'll be calling my cable company to order one & I'll see how much the internet bundles are. If they're within my budget it'll be :censored: off AOL!!!

I can't tell where you are located but for comparison, I'm in rural Arizona. I went in to my cable company to pay my bill and they offered me a HD DVR box for $10 less a month for a year. I pay ~$120 with taxes for cable, extra channels, phone with unltd long distance, 5m internet.

Forgot to add we have a BYO plan with AOL for 11.99 a month but we really don't use AOL anymore so it's a waste of money.

I'm in Toronto so I have to pay GST & HST (taxes) on cable services, phone & Internet. I dropped my long distance phone service last year because I felt that Bell was ripping me off. The long distance plan that I had was good at first (5 cents per minute) but then Bell decided to change the terms of it & start charging extra whether I made the calls or not.
Rogers Cable (our cable provider) wants $12.95 per month to rent an HDTV box. I could go out & buy one but that's another $400-$500 and if it breaks down it's my problem, not theirs. The TV package that I'm looking at is about $60 per month. It has all the channels that I watch but unfortunately there are a lot that I have zero interest in. It would be nice if you could pick & choose your own channel line-up and not have to pay for a lot of garbage programming (ie. most "reality" TV shows). That's a rant :soap: for another day though...
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
12-11-2010, 02:51 AM,
So I don't ever have problems with overwriting files with patch and mod installs, I use JScones' Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME):

http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/softwar...jsgme.html

I install the base game, then install mods. When I need to patch, I uninstall the mods, patch, then re-install the mods, and it's amazingly easy. Even when you install a mod JSGME keeps a backup of what was overwritten, so you've never lost anything.
12-11-2010, 03:18 AM,
(12-11-2010, 02:51 AM)Jazman Wrote: So I don't ever have problems with overwriting files with patch and mod installs, I use JScones' Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME):

I install the base game, then install mods. When I need to patch, I uninstall the mods, patch, then re-install the mods, and it's amazingly easy. Even when you install a mod JSGME keeps a backup of what was overwritten, so you've never lost anything.

Interesting idea. I know JSGME is very popular over on Subsim with owners of SH3 and SH4.
12-11-2010, 04:48 AM,
(12-11-2010, 02:51 AM)Jazman Wrote: So I don't ever have problems with overwriting files with patch and mod installs, I use JScones' Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME):

I knew that it had been tested & worked with games other than Silent Hunter but I didn't know that it could be used with Panzer Campaigns. Thanks for the heads up...cheers
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe