• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Budapest patch released
12-08-2010, 10:52 AM,
Budapest patch released
Just checked the HPS site and Budapest 1.02 patch is up.
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2010, 11:27 AM,
RE: Budapest patch released
(12-08-2010, 10:52 AM)KG_RangerBooBoo Wrote: Just checked the HPS site and Budapest 1.02 patch is up.

I just downloaded & installed the patch and now the game won't start. I get this message when I try to run it:

"This application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

I've tried reinstalling the game twice now & I get the same message each time I try to run the game. I've just contacted HPS Support so hopefully they get back to me soon. In the meantime you may want to hold off on getting the patch in case there is something wrong with it.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
12-08-2010, 12:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2010, 12:16 PM by papajack.)
I installed the patch 1.02 just now and everything run fine

I ran into this type of problem months ago with one of the patch , cant remember which and restart the computer after installing , did solve the problem

Jack
12-08-2010, 01:37 PM,
Just tried it and it worked okay for me.
12-08-2010, 02:12 PM,
(12-08-2010, 11:27 AM)Gasbag Wrote:
(12-08-2010, 10:52 AM)KG_RangerBooBoo Wrote: Just checked the HPS site and Budapest 1.02 patch is up.

I just downloaded & installed the patch and now the game won't start. I get this message when I try to run it:

"This application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

I've tried reinstalling the game twice now & I get the same message each time I try to run the game. I've just contacted HPS Support so hopefully they get back to me soon. In the meantime you may want to hold off on getting the patch in case there is something wrong with it.

I'll let Rich get back to you, but Rich, if you don't have a fix for this drop me a note. We had the same problem on a few machines when we started development on Kharkov '43.

David
12-08-2010, 07:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2010, 07:26 PM by Gasbag.)
(12-08-2010, 12:13 PM)papajack Wrote: I installed the patch 1.02 just now and everything run fine

I ran into this type of problem months ago with one of the patch , cant remember which and restart the computer after installing , did solve the problem

Jack

I just tried this but it didn't work.:( I also noticed that the .pdf Help file created & installed to a new HPS folder instead of installing to the default Program Files destination...

P.S. The game was installed (I've temporarily removed it til I get this sorted out) on my old XP home (SP3) computer.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
12-09-2010, 03:59 AM,
Quote:I just tried this but it didn't work.:( I also noticed that the .pdf Help file created & installed to a new HPS folder instead of installing to the default Program Files destination...

P.S. The game was installed (I've temporarily removed it til I get this sorted out) on my old XP home (SP3) computer.

Sound to me like you have ID'ed the issue - the Game is installed in one place and the patch another - they need to be the same.

Originally the HPS Games were installed in

C:\Program files\HPS ect ect

But with VISTA came MS issues regarding security - specially security in that folder. So now the games are installed in C:\HPS ect ect NOT \Program Files.

If you fix it up but putting the patch over the Game, whereever you have it - you should be OK - but avoid installing games in \Programs Files if the PC is new and has Vista or Windows7

Glenn
Send this user an email
12-09-2010, 04:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-09-2010, 04:14 AM by Philippe.)
I've unzipped the game patch and the pdf patch to a blank folder for closer examination, and then installed it manually.

I'm running Windows XP (SP3) on a slightly old Dell machine and did not get an error message.

The installers are targetted at the wrong place, but that's no big deal if you use the browse function in the installation file.

Installing a patch to the wrong place and then getting an error message when you run the game seems odd -- I would have thought the game would have tried to follow the old familiar (unpatched) paths when you launch it.

I haven't tried to see what happens if you do a non-manual install, but I'll leave that to those with more attention to detail.

This issue may be peculiar to a particular configuration, but the good news is it doesn't automatically effect Windows XP.

Note that the new patch will overwrite the Skorzeny image from Volcano Man's mod, and adds an additional two images. The three new images are very ugly but easily fixed.
History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.
12-09-2010, 04:23 AM,
(12-09-2010, 04:07 AM)Philippe Wrote: Note that the new patch will overwrite the Skorzeny image from Volcano Man's mod, and adds an additional two images. The three new images are very ugly but easily fixed.

Attached is the image being referred too - just incase anyone cares. Ugly is in the eye of the beholder.

Glenn

Attached Files
.bmp   Skorzeny (SSPzD).bmp (Size: 49.41 KB / Downloads: 28)
Send this user an email
12-09-2010, 04:46 AM,
(12-09-2010, 03:59 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote:
Quote:I just tried this but it didn't work.:( I also noticed that the .pdf Help file created & installed to a new HPS folder instead of installing to the default Program Files destination...

Sound to me like you have ID'ed the issue - the Game is installed in one place and the patch another - they need to be the same.

Originally the HPS Games were installed in

C:\Program files\HPS ect ect

But with VISTA came MS issues regarding security - specially security in that folder. So now the games are installed in C:\HPS ect ect NOT \Program Files.

If you fix it up but putting the patch over the Game, whereever you have it - you should be OK - but avoid installing games in \Programs Files if the PC is new and has Vista or Windows7

Glenn

The machine that I'm running it on has XP Home (with SP3). The 1.02 exe file goes to to the default C:\Program Files\... destination (at least I think that it does) when you open it. It's the .pdf Help file that goes to the new C:\HPS... location when it's opened.

How do you do a manual install? I've been patching these games by double left clicking on the installers.