• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Change coming in the DRM Coding to allow two instances per Serial Number.
12-05-2010, 04:19 AM,
RE: Change coming in the DRM Coding to allow two instances per Serial Number.
(12-05-2010, 01:27 AM)Assault Wrote: I dont understand...what happens if John Tiller goes out of business? What then? How do we still activate the game?

This is from the FAQ on the site:

>> What happens if John Tiller Software goes out of business and there isn't a server to connect to?

A: We have been developing computer wargames since 1995 and almost all of the products developed since that time are still being sold and supported. We have demonstrated a unique ability to remain in the challenging wargame industry for the long term, but if what you say does happen, it is our commitment to our customers to release updates to all of our products that would not require activation.

The entire FAQ on DRM can be seen:
http://johntillersoftware.com/catalog/shipping.php

And note I am not sure if the text has been changed to 2 copies everywhere yet - you may have to press F5 to refresh the cache as well if you have visited before
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2010, 04:24 AM,
Now it's perfect!
:bow::bow::bow:
Send this user an email
12-05-2010, 04:49 AM,
No it's not perfect.
12-05-2010, 04:54 AM,
(12-05-2010, 04:49 AM)Tao Drifter Wrote: No it's not perfect.

Maybe not - but it is as good as it will get I think. Of course as the consumer, it if your final decision. We accept and repect that.

Glenn
Send this user an email
12-05-2010, 05:11 AM,
I'm not going to rail against your decision anymore. JTS seems to be fine with it. Some of your customers seem to be fine with it. I'm not, but that really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I'm done with JTS games for the forseeable future.

Back to my little HPS collection for my current and future PBEM needs.
12-05-2010, 05:33 AM,
(12-05-2010, 04:19 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote: We have been developing computer wargames since 1995 and almost all of the products developed since that time are still being sold and supported. We have demonstrated a unique ability to remain in the challenging wargame industry for the long term, but if what you say does happen, it is our commitment to our customers to release updates to all of our products that would not require activation.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you explain to a receiver in bankruptcy that you're giving away his collateral by unlocking the DRM on all of your games.

The point, however, is moot, since it often takes you three years to get around to releasing updates.
History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.
12-05-2010, 06:59 AM,
Some replies on this thread need moderator's atention.

It's easy: if you don't like it, don't buy it, but please don't foreshadow catastrophic futures, doom and gloom as a poor excuse for supporting your POV.

Just play the games you like.

Bests
César
12-05-2010, 07:30 AM,
(12-05-2010, 06:59 AM)Indragnir Wrote: Some replies on this thread need moderator's atention.

It's easy: if you don't like it, don't buy it, but please don't foreshadow catastrophic futures, doom and gloom as a poor excuse for supporting your POV.

Just play the games you like.

Bests
César

Well said my friend and I am going to ignore the Elephant in the room and turn the cheek as a remark buy someone who is unlikely to buy this new game.

Anyway - I have a new Planning map to make - best get to work.

Glenn
Send this user an email
12-05-2010, 08:21 AM,
(12-05-2010, 07:30 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote: Anyway - I have a new Planning map to make - best get to work.
Glenn

Ohhh you're teasing us.
12-05-2010, 08:40 AM,
(12-05-2010, 06:59 AM)Indragnir Wrote: Some replies on this thread need moderator's atention.
Cesar,
As the Moderator (with Rick) on this forum i have to keep a neutrality when deciding what is/is not allowed, i cannot remove negative comments about the JTS decision to sell games buy DD as members are just expressing their POV which they are perfectly entitled to do as long as they stay within the club posting rules.