• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Official World in Flames Tournament Thread
11-05-2010, 09:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-05-2010, 09:31 PM by Crossroads.)
RE: Hostilities Imminent! (Still Recruiting) The World in Flames Tournament - The Prelude
G.L.E., we are now 24 but it does not matter, we'll just play the China scnario twice to have more battles on the Pacific theatre of war. Welcome.

One more, to make the teams even?

Again, I will start e-mailing the both teams come this weekend.

Here's how the teams look at the moment.

Team Callsign Draft Rank

Allied Oberst 24 10
Allied KKR 8 15
Allied Ed 10 44
Allied Cole 6 53
Allied Larry Reese 4 57
Allied Otto von Blotto 9 63
Allied Wolfman 20 113
Allied Zap 16 114
Allied General Lee Ensayne 25 116
Allied MarkW 19 122
Allied Outlaw Josey Wales 1 150
Allied Arnold75 5 182

Axis Peiper 22 9
Axis Bioman 12 28
Axis JRTXX 17 58
Axis Panzerjäger 15 62
Axis Boisforas 7 67
Axis Scud 21 73
Axis von Manstein 2 99
Axis Ernst 11 106
Axis Sgt K. Kat 3 124
Axis Spinoza 23 130
Axis Ashcloud 14 166
Axis Kampfpanzer 18 184
Axis pawn117 13 199

Allied average rank 86,5, Axis 100,5. Pretty even I would say.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2010, 10:15 PM,
RE: Hostilities Imminent! (Still Recruiting) The World in Flames Tournament - The Prelude
If there is a spot still open , I take it

cheers L
244 games with legend that is Richie61
11-06-2010, 01:19 AM,
Sure thing Laza, Allied team is one player less, I'll put you there. OK?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-06-2010, 02:47 AM,
Do we have a CinC for the Axis cause yet? If yes, who is it?
Send this user an email
11-06-2010, 03:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-06-2010, 03:58 AM by Crossroads.)
(11-06-2010, 02:47 AM)Ashcloud Wrote: Do we have a CinC for the Axis cause yet? If yes, who is it?

No volunteers yet... I am working on it behind the scenes, though.

I will take us through the first round(s) if necessary. But we all know what happens when a talking cat leads the Axis cause...

:conf:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Caa-QEY-FA

I have updated the tournament page: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...#pid332493
I have everyone's addresses on an excel...
I have all the other stuff available on that excel as well...
I have the Allied CinC...
I believe we are almost rrreeadyy to rrrrrrrrrumble!

I will send an email out to everyone later, and will contact Larry to distribute his generals to battle field.

Wow, this is a lot of work... But should be fun!

But will take a short break now...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-06-2010, 09:08 PM,
RE: IT IS ON! (Need scenarios for 1939) The World in Flames Tournament - The Prelude
*Bump*

Just a short note to let everyone know I've send an email to let you know how we will continue. Basically, we will now deploy the participants into various scenarios, and once that is done we can get started.

Meanwhile, new members can enlist for the upcoming "1939" Phase of the tournament.

Also, everyone, now is the time to refresh your mind about all the great scenarios from 1939 you have played.

Please give your suggestions in this thread. To make my job a bit easier, do also mention the number of turns and the SM for the battle, as well as whether it is a team game or not.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-06-2010, 11:44 PM,
RE: Now Recruiting! The World in Flames Tournament: The Prelude 1935 - 1939
(10-30-2010, 09:37 PM)Sgt K. Kat Wrote: OK, I have The Prelude figured out. Should we choose to play all the scenarios listed in the Tournament thread, we'd need two teams of twelve generals.

At the moment we are at eleven participants, let us wait for some new members to perhaps join in, until making the decision to kick it off with the selected scenarios.

If we play all scenarios, there is room for 13 new participants. But let us not wait ages for this to fill up. We can always add new participants on a fly...

As for scenarios, I attached an Excel spreadsheet with all stock scenarios and some add-on scenarios in it (from Matrix forums, courtesy of vadersson). It should come handy in selecting scenarios for the years that are truly well presented in the game.

EDIT: Oops, attaching excel files is not possible. If interested, get the file from here: http://tanciky.cz/downloads/JTCS_Scenario_Info.zip
If there is any room left sign me up!
11-07-2010, 12:04 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: IT IS ON! (Need scenarios for 1939) The World in Flames Tournament - The Prelude
Hi K. Kat

I just had a look through your files. I must say I am impressed the way you organised this tournament. A lot of work. I am not a computer guy but to me it looks like that you are working with it in general.

Anyway I understood my orders and will get ready.:boom2:
11-07-2010, 12:07 AM,
RE: IT IS ON! (Need scenarios for 1939) The World in Flames Tournament - The Prelude
If you ever need a replacement for either team or there is room, please put my name down.

cheers
11-08-2010, 12:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-08-2010, 06:12 PM by Crossroads.)
Cheers Ernst cheers It was quite a lot, but hopefully other forums can now copy the concept and have the same fun as we are about to!

Nemesis, I added you to the Axis team. Rudolph H., you go to Allied side. OK? As there is a lack for scenarios this early, I suggest you two start to battle out the Big Bully, so that we can have another result from the Balkans.

Wait until you get the game password from the CinCs, though!

Nemesis I just e-mailed the Axis password to you.

Rudolph H., Larry is off for the weekend, but he will send you the Allied password shortly I am sure.

EDIT: Nemesis had to drop out at least for a while, hopefully he is around for future rounds. So I guess Rudolph H. that puts you to the Reserves until 1939, unless we get an additional player. The Prelude is just one round, so the next round should not be that far off.

Everyone: You should now have an email from me including an Excel spreadsheet where I put a lot of the tournament stuff into. The Axis team should also have received the first round of orders for The Prelude. If you have not received anything, then the e-mail available in your profile page is propably not working.

EDIT NOV 8: I've come to realise not everyone has Microsoft Excel available. The spreadsheet I've sent is by no means mandatory or even necessary for this tournament. It contains the Tournament rules that are posted in the Tournament thread, teams together with e-mails, available from the email and Blitz profile pages, and the Scenario / player information that is posted to Tournament thread as well.

EDIT NOV 8: Some of the files seemed to have gone AWOL from the scenario database... Rod has re-loaded his scenarios including ** Abyssinia's last hope so they should now be available. Thanks!
Visit us at CSLegion.com