• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Official World in Flames Tournament Thread
11-03-2010, 06:51 AM,
RE: Hostilities Imminent! (Still Recruiting) The World in Flames Tournament - The Prelude
This all sounds very exciting and I am really looking forward to it.
I am happy to be in the Axis team.

See you all very soon on the battle fields.Whip
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2010, 08:14 AM,
RE: Hostilities Imminent! (Still Recruiting) The World in Flames Tournament - The Prelude
Gents,

This sounds BIG indeed, congrats on a great idea & thanks for the efforts! I would like to join in - do you need a powder monkey?

I would prefer playing as Axis, but I'll take any assignement. Regarding optional rules, I use to have VV and EA off and AF on, but I don't mind trying other arrangements - it's all just for the fun, right?

Best
Kampfpanzer

Boldly they rode and well; / Into the jaws of Death,
(Tennyson, 1855)
11-03-2010, 01:02 PM,
I'd like to take part as well, would be my first tournament here.
11-03-2010, 04:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2010, 04:51 PM by Crossroads.)
Welcome, Sirs! (is there a plural?) cheers

I initially put Kampfpanzer to Axis said per his preference, Mark W to the Allied side. OK?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-03-2010, 05:36 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Hostilities Imminent! (Still Recruiting) The World in Flames Tournament - The Prelude
Point me in the right direction & I'll soldier on. Boisforas
11-03-2010, 05:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2010, 09:09 PM by Crossroads.)
Sure, Boisforas. The emails should be coming out after the coming weekend.

JRTXX, ended up putting you to Axis side, afterall, to have more experience on the team.

The average Ladder rank of the Allied side is 89
The average Ladder rank of the Axis side is 109

Fairly balanced, imho... And to make the reading a bit easier, here's the latest on teams:

Allied
Team Callsign Draft Rank
1 KKR 8 15
1 Ed 10 44
1 Cole 6 53
1 Larry Reese 4 57
1 Otto von Blotto 9 63
1 Wolfman 20 113
1 Zap 16 114
1 Outlaw J Wales 1 150
1 Arnold75 5 182
1 Mark W 19 (inact., would be '121,5')

Axis
Team Callsign Draft Rank
2 Bioman 12 28
2 JRTXX 17 58
2 Panzerjäger 15 62
2 Boisforas 7 67
2 v. Manstein 2 99
2 Ernst 11 106
2 Sgt K. Kat 3 124
2 Ashcloud 14 166
2 Kampfpanzer 18 184
2 pawn117 13 (bootcamp, almost out, hence '199')

Next: a volunteer to act as the CinC for the Axis cause? Anyone? I can be the acting CinC but would like one of you guys to step up :)

I am working on the assumption Larry would guide the Allied cause.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-03-2010, 06:03 PM,
I love the sound of this tourney, but am a little apprehensive of joining after all the PC and e-mail problems I've had over the past few months.

If you are still short I'll take a chance that the New PC and ISP will last the distance.

Please note that I have a new e-mail - richard.nettleton14(at)btinternet.com I'll change my profile asap
11-03-2010, 06:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2010, 09:11 PM by Crossroads.)
Welcome Wolfman, I'll put you in for the Allied side for the next update. That makes us 10-a-side!

Still room for more though.

Here's a thought: I showed you the calculated average Ladder Rank of each side.

Now I will open the recruitment process in a manner that both teams can go out and recruit more talent into their sides! No longer will I determine which side one is to join (well I haven't dictated it too much until now either, hopefully...)

Maybe we can even take some old members who have been inactive back to the community for this tournament?

War needs more Generals!

Go out and recruit them! cheers
Visit us at CSLegion.com
11-04-2010, 12:46 AM,
I'll sign up, what the heck, it's going to be a long winter.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
11-04-2010, 01:52 AM,
Everybody needs to remember, this isn't going to run it's course overnight. For those who may read this and have concerns like Wolfman, no worries. If real life interferes for whatever reason, if it will be a lengthy result, you can be replaced on the battlefield by another cdr and you yourself will be placed in reserve. And if still going when things are back on track, just let your CinC know and you will be brought back in on the same side you were on. Just think of it as being on convalescent leave recuperating. Nobody should be concerned about pc problems or anything. We should be able to make room for everybody that wants to play.