• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Is it just me, or is the CS side of the house here dead?
10-27-2010, 06:22 AM,
RE: Is it just me, or is the CS side of the house here dead?
(10-26-2010, 09:41 PM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote: To be honest, what subjects have not been talked to death on these boards?

Combine that with a very small group of people who do nothing but bring a thread down and when confronted about whine to the mods that they are being attacked.

Hawk, you may be right about subjects being talked out, but as for confrontational posters, thankfully, I haven't had to moderate a thread in months and months. I think (hope) those days are behind us.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2010, 07:52 AM,
So, how about those halftracks :-)
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
10-27-2010, 09:58 AM,
(10-27-2010, 06:22 AM)Scud Wrote: Hawk, you may be right about subjects being talked out, but as for confrontational posters, thankfully, I haven't had to moderate a thread in months and months. I think (hope) those days are behind us.

Dave

The reason you have not had to moderate a thread is there are no topics being debated.

There are less than 10 people who post regularly.

There is nothing to moderate anymore.

Thanx!

Hawk
10-27-2010, 11:24 AM,
(10-27-2010, 09:58 AM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote: The reason you have not had to moderate a thread is there are no topics being debated.

There are less than 10 people who post regularly.

There is nothing to moderate anymore.

Thanx!

Hawk

No, the reason I haven't had to moderate a thread is because no one's acted like a jerk and forced me to, it has nothing to do with the amount of threads on the board; but, again, I agree with your earlier assessment that most CS topics are talked out.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
10-27-2010, 12:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-27-2010, 12:17 PM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
(10-27-2010, 11:24 AM)Scud Wrote: No, the reason I haven't had to moderate a thread is because no one's acted like a jerk and forced me to, it has nothing to do with the amount of threads on the board; but, again, I agree with your earlier assessment that most CS topics are talked out.

Dave

Have it your way Dave.

Your boards are peaceful.

Your boards are empty.

The ladder's top 30 players (page 1) barely post.

You win.

Enjoy your victory.

Enjoy your peace.

Thanx!

Hawk
10-27-2010, 01:14 PM,
What are you talking about?

Dave
Send this user an email
10-27-2010, 02:24 PM,
(10-27-2010, 01:44 AM)Jason Petho Wrote:
(10-26-2010, 08:33 PM)Sgt K. Kat Wrote: Jason, if you are "listening", could you actually be involved in just putting this site into the 'Links' section as one of the active communities revolving around CS games.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp...=&#2607877

Jason Petho
(10-26-2010, 07:07 PM)Sgt K. Kat Wrote: Well, here's hoping the new Modern Wars will bring new members to this community...

I hope so too. Still working on it everyday!

Jason Petho

Cheers Jason, I was actually referring to the Matrix product pages: http://www.matrixgames.com/products/318/...ign.Series

...as maybe everyone is not interested about the message board.

Thanks, as always!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-27-2010, 02:29 PM,
(10-27-2010, 02:24 PM)Sgt K. Kat Wrote: Cheers Jason, I was actually referring to the Matrix product pages: http://www.matrixgames.com/products/318/...ign.Series

...as maybe everyone is not interested about the message board.

Thanks, as always!

Ah, good call. I'll put a request in and see if they change it.

I believe I mentioned The Blitz in the manual.

I certainly have for the Modern Wars: Volume I manual.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
10-27-2010, 05:06 PM,
Yah, we need to rehash the Half Tracks :) lool

Cheers

Joe
10-27-2010, 08:00 PM,
(10-26-2010, 09:41 PM)Hawk Kriegsman Wrote: To be honest, what subjects have not been talked to death on these boards?

Combine that with a very small group of people who do nothing but bring a thread down and when confronted about whine to the mods that they are being attacked.

Being one who has limited free time, I will spend it on something more constructive.

I know many other who also feel this way and post very little. It is no longer worth the hassle.

Thanx!

Hawk

Erik,

I agree with you.
Though, I do feel it is worth the hassle to engage in an impassioned discussion, there have been little lately in the way to get passionate about.

I hope that Modern Wars can spark us up.
I hope that the Matrix team will not screw up CS too much.
I hope that Tillers series will not become too expensive to own. Especially if he makes it like his other venues, ie Squad Battles. Hundreds of dollars to play multiple campaign areas and times is not my idea of a good investment.

We will see?

cheers

HSL