• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Is it just me, or is the CS side of the house here dead?
10-26-2010, 04:21 PM,
Is it just me, or is the CS side of the house here dead?
I just remember not too long ago it seemed the CS forums here were really moving. You could be completely lost in new posts if you were absent for a day or two. Now, it seems, you can be gone a week and hardly anything new has been posted. It's a shame, but I don't think there is much we can do it about. Even with the Matrix release, we're still, really, just playing a game that's nearly 15 years old.

Best regards all,

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2010, 04:53 PM,
RE: Is it just me, or is the CS side of the house here dead?
I think this is bound to happen as the playing community gets older and no younger players join, PzC was released in 1998 and so over at the OpS ladder we are seeing that community slowly decline as well.
10-26-2010, 07:07 PM,
Well, here's hoping the new Modern Wars will bring new members to this community...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-26-2010, 07:47 PM,
About new members
I remember when I was searching for place like The Blitz to find someone to PBEM for years without results. So I’ve put my Talonsoft’s CS a side for long time. I don’t remember how and where but I found someone to PBEM by accident (it was Fubar1) and he told me about The Blitz site.
Maybe here is the problem that people can’t find “us”.
10-26-2010, 08:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-26-2010, 08:33 PM by Crossroads.)
(10-26-2010, 07:47 PM)von Manstein Wrote: About new members
I remember when I was searching for place like The Blitz to find someone to PBEM for years without results. So I’ve put my Talonsoft’s CS a side for long time. I don’t remember how and where but I found someone to PBEM by accident (it was Fubar1) and he told me about The Blitz site.
Maybe here is the problem that people can’t find “us”.

That's right. I actually just went and checked the Matrix site, and they do not advertise any of their loyal communities there...

Here's a thought:

Jason, if you are "listening", could you actually be involved in just putting this site into the 'Links' section as one of the active communities revolving around CS games.

There may be others as well, I just do not know of them...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-26-2010, 09:21 PM,
Gents: :smoke:

Throwing our hands up in the air and declaring there is nothing we can do... is not the answer? :chin:

IMO... the answer is both simple... and difficult at the same time! :eek1:

More Blitz members need to step up... and post interesting and engaging threads.

I know that in just the past 4 months there have been several "diamonds in the rough" threads that I have both read and posted in:

"The Banzai"
"How Many CS Players Plan to Purchase Modern Wars?" (Poll)
"Extreme Assault Tactics - What Works Best?"
"Removing Units from the Map"
"Rules of Engagement?"
"CS Thread Quality"
"Surviving IS-2s?"

So there are "some" CS players who are already posting threads that really "move" - but we need "more?" :chin:

And yes... I have authored several threads in 2010 with over 20 replies... hopefully players found interesting? These threads included:

"How Many CS Players Plan to Purchase Modern Wars?" (Poll)
"Before You Upload a Scenario into H2H"
"More then a Game"
"So You Want Quality CS H2H Scenarios?"

But I (or should I say "we"?) can always do more? :smoke:
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
10-26-2010, 09:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-26-2010, 09:42 PM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
To be honest, what subjects have not been talked to death on these boards?

Combine that with a very small group of people who do nothing but bring a thread down and when confronted about whine to the mods that they are being attacked.

Being one who has limited free time, I will spend it on something more constructive.

I know many other who also feel this way and post very little. It is no longer worth the hassle.

Thanx!

Hawk
10-26-2010, 09:46 PM,
If another problem is money we could lunch some tournament with „real” rewards like books or sth. Each player that would like to take a part in this tournament will have to donate our site with set amount. From this money rewards would be founded and the rest of them will stay in sites cashbox.
10-27-2010, 12:57 AM,
I try to play this game once a day and spend time designing scenarios. I also feel that many of the topics have been discussed time and time again. I am just waiting to see if Mr. Tiller comes through with a better update to fix alot of the bugs still in the game and to improve the OBs and add most if not all of the suggestions that the Blitz members put on their wish list. If that did happen I would actually buy a new copy of the game.

Joe
10-27-2010, 01:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-27-2010, 01:48 AM by Jason Petho.)
(10-26-2010, 08:33 PM)Sgt K. Kat Wrote: Jason, if you are "listening", could you actually be involved in just putting this site into the 'Links' section as one of the active communities revolving around CS games.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp...=&#2607877

Jason Petho
(10-26-2010, 07:07 PM)Sgt K. Kat Wrote: Well, here's hoping the new Modern Wars will bring new members to this community...

I hope so too. Still working on it everyday!

Jason Petho
Send this user an email