• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Is it just me, or is the CS side of the house here dead?
10-27-2010, 09:49 PM,
RE: Is it just me, or is the CS side of the house here dead?
(10-27-2010, 01:14 PM)Scud Wrote: What are you talking about?

Dave

I thought it was pretty obvious.

You have not had to moderate anything in months because hardly anyone posts anymore.

Larry, sees the board as dead. I agree with him. You see the board as peaceful. I agree with you too.

What I am saying to you is that the board is peaceful because it is dead.

It is that simple.

I really am not going to go any further as it will most likely be a fruitless endeavor.

I will leave you with this nugget I saw on a bymper sticker yesterday.

"A mind is like a parachute. Both must be open to be effective."

Thanx!

Hawk
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2010, 10:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-27-2010, 10:55 PM by von Manstein.)
Board dead or not most important is CS community dead or not. We may start worry when number of reported games will be low.

But it would be great to see more DAR or tactic discussions :(
10-27-2010, 11:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-27-2010, 11:26 PM by Crossroads.)
(10-27-2010, 10:54 PM)von Manstein Wrote: Board dead or not most important is CS community dead or not. We may start worry when number of reported games will be low.

But it would be great to see more DAR or tactic discussions :(

174 players in the 2010 ladder. Someone with access to ladder database could perhaps run a query that lists the number of players per year let us say for the past 5 years, for an example. Then we would know what the trend is.

I have great hopes for Modern Wars to breathe new life into this community :)

As for DARs, why don't you do one yourself! It is not that difficult, even I've completed one ;)
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-27-2010, 11:34 PM,
I always wanted to do it but I'm to shy Big Grin

And I was wondering isn’t it showing to my opponent position of my troops and what plans I have?
10-28-2010, 12:30 AM,
von Manstein,

An AAR doesn't have to get posted at the same time the game is ongoing. Scott Cole and I are working on a joint Salerno AAR. However, we can't really post anything yet because it would expose our plans/strategy. It is coming though.

I capture the snapshots and write up everything in powerpoint as we've gone along. Scott is doing the same. Once the game is near the end we'll probably start posting it. It's a 45 turn scenario, but it is progressing extremely fast... a great group of players in the fight...

We might want to think about doing a joint France '40 AAR... Scott and I capture the German point of view... Schlonz and yourself capture the French point of view... I can't commit Scott to it, because we haven't talked about it; however, you might want to think about it.... we can discuss it as we lay down the ground work for our team game.

Regards,

Jim
10-28-2010, 07:29 PM,
(10-27-2010, 07:52 AM)Von Earlmann Wrote: So, how about those halftracks :-)

Classic.

(10-27-2010, 02:29 PM)Jason Petho Wrote:
(10-27-2010, 02:24 PM)Sgt K. Kat Wrote: Cheers Jason, I was actually referring to the Matrix product pages: http://www.matrixgames.com/products/318/...ign.Series

...as maybe everyone is not interested about the message board.

Thanks, as always!

Ah, good call. I'll put a request in and see if they change it.

I believe I mentioned The Blitz in the manual.

I certainly have for the Modern Wars: Volume I manual.

Jason Petho

Now this is what I'm talking about. I hadn't been to the Matrix site, but it stands to reason that most anyone who purchases the game and is looking for updates or maybe pointers to PBEM opponents would go there. Outstanding if we're tagged on the site and in the manuals too. Obviously not everyone, or even a high percentage, will really join the community, but it at least points those few who might towards some light at the end of the tunnel.

By the way, just to make clear, I'm not criticizing the game itself, or the blitz. Was just making an observation.

That said, at times I've wondered if there were some old hands (as I think I may have mentioned here) that occasionally might have made newcomers unwelcome at times, but I don't really think we have much of a problem that way here at the Blitz compared to some other locations. I'd also like to add that vociferous debate, or vicious debate, does not itself automatically equate with a lively board. At least in my opinion.

Hopefully folks will fill out the survey too!

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.