• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New CS?
10-17-2010, 07:50 AM,
RE: New CS?
Quote:I seem to remember hearing that myself some time ago.

I would like to see valid proof, this weak statement isn't cutting it to say the least.

And every game needs to be patched, it's not like there isn't game that doesn't need a patch.I will admit though that John Tiller's latest offerings from HPS are some of most stable games I've ever seen so I will agree with that.
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2010, 08:20 AM,
Ain't got time or desire to search where I saw it. Perhaps my weak statement will be verified when the v1.05 update is done, whenever that will be?
Perhaps Jason Petho could verify that the unit platoon numbers will be changed in the new patch, if you need confirmation of what others are telling you?
10-17-2010, 08:28 AM,
Yes. I would like to eat my words, but I can't with statements like "seem to remember some time ago". If everyone just believed statements like that, I can't imagine where the world would be now.
10-17-2010, 09:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-17-2010, 09:15 AM by Jason Petho.)
Yes, the 1.05 UPDATE has been delayed due to the team focusing on getting the Modern Wars: Volume I out the door. For a part time crew, this is a HUGE undertaking to make sure it is a respectable package for release. It is two games in one. Vietnam and the Middle East. The Middle East is essentially a whole new game as we scrapped Divided Ground completely.

Yes, it has taken a lot longer than I originally anticipated to get to a point that I am quite happy with the end result. There are a few elements that need to be finished, revised and updated, but it is getting a lot closer to being done.

The 1.05 UPDATE will not have any major game play changes; no new platoon numbering system, no new artillery system, etc. It is an UPDATE that will include new scenarios, new campaigns, new and updated order of battles, possibly new graphics, USER MODS and hopefully fix some of the minor issues that have been brought up over the past while.

Sorry gentlemen for not having something already. These things take time and with work, my homebusiness and my wife, my Campaign Series time is limited. Regardless, I am still giving the series all of my extra time.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
10-17-2010, 10:28 AM,
(10-17-2010, 09:06 AM)Jason Petho Wrote: Yes, the 1.05 UPDATE has been delayed due to the team focusing on getting the Modern Wars: Volume I out the door. For a part time crew, this is a HUGE undertaking to make sure it is a respectable package for release. It is two games in one. Vietnam and the Middle East. The Middle East is essentially a whole new game as we scrapped Divided Ground completely.

Yes, it has taken a lot longer than I originally anticipated to get to a point that I am quite happy with the end result. There are a few elements that need to be finished, revised and updated, but it is getting a lot closer to being done.

The 1.05 UPDATE will not have any major game play changes; no new platoon numbering system, no new artillery system, etc. It is an UPDATE that will include new scenarios, new campaigns, new and updated order of battles, possibly new graphics, USER MODS and hopefully fix some of the minor issues that have been brought up over the past while.

Sorry gentlemen for not having something already. These things take time and with work, my homebusiness and my wife, my Campaign Series time is limited. Regardless, I am still giving the series all of my extra time.

Jason Petho

Have you considered changing the platoon numbering system and if so, will that eventually happen?

Thanks,
keif
Send this user an email
10-17-2010, 11:30 AM,
(10-17-2010, 10:28 AM)keif149 Wrote:
(10-17-2010, 09:06 AM)Jason Petho Wrote: Yes, the 1.05 UPDATE has been delayed due to the team focusing on getting the Modern Wars: Volume I out the door. For a part time crew, this is a HUGE undertaking to make sure it is a respectable package for release. It is two games in one. Vietnam and the Middle East. The Middle East is essentially a whole new game as we scrapped Divided Ground completely.

Jason Petho

Have you considered changing the platoon numbering system and if so, will that eventually happen?

Thanks,
keif

Ok, I thought we talked about this before. From the Matrix and Blitz forums:

RE: So Then What Does One Do When........
keif149 Wrote:When v1.05 gets here with the combined EF\WF oobs, with new unit numbers, all of the old scenarios will have to be redone.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1932786

True enough. Assuming it does get completed though, as it is a mammoth task.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
10-17-2010, 03:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-17-2010, 03:31 PM by Jason Petho.)
(10-17-2010, 11:30 AM)keif149 Wrote: ...Assuming it does get completed though...

Which it won't anytime soon.

Since John Tiller is keen on making a new version, that looks like it will replace the Campaign Series, there is no sense for me to spend the many months required to pull a new platoon coding system all together.

That being said, we'll continue to UPDATE the Matrix series, as I described above, and focus on the additional compilations.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
10-17-2010, 09:18 PM,
So, since folks seem to be concerned about version 105 changing things and making all the scenarios unusable can we assume John Tillers new version will be compatible with all the old scenarios? If it is what changes could be made to make it new :-)

Just curious.

Earl
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
10-17-2010, 11:16 PM,
(10-17-2010, 09:18 PM)Von Earlmann Wrote: So, since folks seem to be concerned about version 105 changing things and making all the scenarios unusable can we assume John Tillers new version will be compatible with all the old scenarios? If it is what changes could be made to make it new :-)

Just curious.

Earl

Earl the Panzer Battles game looks nothing like CS. More like SB but at platoon level. I doubt you can play CS scenarios with this game unless you recreate them in the Panzer Battle editor.
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
10-17-2010, 11:29 PM,
IMO CS was John Tiller's best game. Both Squad Battles and Panzer Campaigns are not as good. It will be not easy to make it better. I don't think he can get away again, NOT adding a map editor for commercial reasons as in Pz Campaigns and produce BS maps, again like he did in Pz Campaigns.

/H