• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New CS?
10-16-2010, 11:27 PM,
New CS?
On anither forum I came across this: http://johntillersoftware.com/PanzerBattles.html

What is this, new Campaign Series coming?

Dmitriy
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2010, 11:49 PM,
RE: New CS?
From the look of it, yes? Anyone with inside info?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-17-2010, 02:29 AM,
The info in that paragraph is all that is available to be posted publicly, having never played CS i have no idea how this new series would match up? :chin:
10-17-2010, 02:47 AM,
(10-17-2010, 02:29 AM)Foul. Wrote: The info in that paragraph is all that is available to be posted publicly, having never played CS i have no idea how this new series would match up? :chin:

250m hexes, platoon sized units & six minute turns would be a classic Panzerblitz / Panzer Leader (card board classics in case these don't ring a bell) type of a game.

Just like JTCS is.

It could be interesting. Can't wait! :2guns:
Visit us at CSLegion.com
10-17-2010, 05:45 AM,
I think with John Tiller at the helm, it will knock the Matrix version out the ballpark.
JTCS v1.05 patch seems to have been put on the backburner whilst they make some more money out of Modern Wars getting created, I don't think the customer comes into the reckoning at all with Matrix. Perhaps we'll see what could have been if Talonsoft were still around with JT at the forefront?
10-17-2010, 06:05 AM,
(10-17-2010, 05:45 AM)glint Wrote: I think with John Tiller at the helm, it will knock the Matrix version out the ballpark.
JTCS v1.05 patch seems to have been put on the backburner whilst they make some more money out of Modern Wars getting created, I don't think the customer comes into the reckoning at all with Matrix. Perhaps we'll see what could have been if Talonsoft were still around with JT at the forefront?

Don't forget it's a small team. I for one would like to see this series to Modern Warfare much more badly than see the 1.05 patch. They just trying give us something new, not trying to put us customers on the backburner. Talk to Jason Petho.

The game is already stable at 1.04. It's John Tiller is working on a new series, however there are reasons why I probably wont buy this new version.

For $40, I get the Matrix version with every editing utility known to man. I get all fronts in one game, and a battle generator. It's going to take years for this new series to cover even close to the amount of battles represented in JTCS. Not to mention the fact I'm going to have to drop $50 per game for what may only cover a fraction of a fraction of what JTCS already covers.

The reason why JT Battleground bundles at Matrix failed against HPS was because the Battleground games were no longer being supported. With JTCS, we still have active support so there is room to add new features and fixes in the future, which will mean JTCS will still a top competitor to this new series. No doubt the new series will be great games, but we will have to see what happens. I don't think this will kill JTCS at all.
10-17-2010, 06:47 AM,
(10-17-2010, 06:05 AM)Panzer VI Wrote:
(10-17-2010, 05:45 AM)glint Wrote: I think with John Tiller at the helm, it will knock the Matrix version out the ballpark.

Don't forget it's a small team. I for one would like to see this series to Modern Warfare much more badly than see the 1.05 patch. They just trying give us something new, not trying to put us customers on the backburner. Talk to Jason Petho.

The game is already stable at 1.04. It's John Tiller is working on a new series, however there are reasons why I probably wont buy this new version.

For $40, I get the Matrix version with every editing utility known to man. I get all fronts in one game, and a battle generator. It's going to take years for this new series to cover even close to the amount of battles represented in JTCS. Not to mention the fact I'm going to have to drop $50 per game for what may only cover a fraction of a fraction of what JTCS already covers.

The reason why JT Battleground bundles at Matrix failed against HPS was because the Battleground games were no longer being supported. With JTCS, we still have active support so there is room to add new features and fixes in the future, which will mean JTCS will still a top competitor to this new series. No doubt the new series will be great games, but we will have to see what happens. I don't think this will kill JTCS at all.

If the unit platoon numbers get changed as per the 1.05 patch, then all pre existing scenarios will be rendered void. Both games will be starting new. I'm looking forward to what JT may have intended for his game.
To me, money is no object. I'll buy it even it costs $100.
Send this user an email
10-17-2010, 06:48 AM,
Yeah, I realise it's a small team but also, I'm not the slightest bit interested in modern warfare, only WW2. Each to our own I guess but, in my viewpoint, v1.04 was definitely not stable, all sorts of glitches. Heaven knows how long it is now since 'things' were going to be corrected with v1.05 ?
I think JTCS support is dwindling. After many years of playing CS I've migrated away to HPS games, more authentic in my opinion. I think the CS Forum has reflected the lack of support in JTCS as well. It seems to be the 'domain of a few' now to what it was years ago.
I respect others views, trust my view will be accepted that way too!
10-17-2010, 07:09 AM,
I agree with you glint about different viewpoints, although I would like to know where keif149 heard that platoon numbers would changed in the 1.05 patch? Also, not all of us can spend $100 on a game so money is an area of concern for many people, Keif, even if for you it may not be.
10-17-2010, 07:19 AM,
I seem to remember hearing that myself some time ago. One heck of a lot of scenarios flushed down the pan in one bold swoop?
Regarding money, I remember some detrimental comments made elsewhere when I stated that, having paid my money for the JTCS game, I expect better service.
Having wasted my 30 odd pounds or whatever on a game that still needs patching, may as well spend it on a new game that maybe superior?